Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 TNL Revival

1. No one was sympathetic to Gamergate. I don't get what Brisco is saying at all.

2. I think the few hardcore libs outlasted the few hardcore cons we had here, but I'm pretty sure TNL's default political ideology is still Mortal Kombat.
    Maybe he just got tired of politics bleeding into everything else.
    We Canadians aren't used to that.

3. Can we just go back to the old TNL header image and everyone talking about how cool Ikaruga is?

If I recall, gamergate was a bunch of dweebs flipping out and harassing a game reviewer for dating one of the creators of a game she reviewed? Was that it?

The closest thing to being pro gamergate was people saying Anita (a different person than the female reviewer) was lazy in how she built her evidence for feminist critiques of misogynist tropes in games. Like using princess peach for a damsel in distress trope when by the US mario 2, you can play as her.

No one at any point has defended the harrassment of women on this forum.

But we do have 3 or 4 liberals that are terrified of conservative dog whistling so maybe they assumed that calling specific women lazy as secret approval of harrassment.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Maybe he just got tired of politics bleeding into everything else.
    We Canadians aren't used to that.
    This place has never been "woke," but during that time it seemed like the crass jokes were less "joke-y" and more genuine. Shit got weird.

6. To me Anita will always be the person that complained about misrepresentation of women in media and then followed it up with this shit:

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If I recall, gamergate was a bunch of dweebs flipping out and harassing a game reviewer for dating one of the creators of a game she reviewed? Was that it?

The closest thing to being pro gamergate was people saying Anita (a different person than the female reviewer) was lazy in how she built her evidence for feminist critiques of misogynist tropes in games. Like using princess peach for a damsel in distress trope when by the US mario 2, you can play as her.

No one at any point has defended the harrassment of women on this forum.

But we do have 3 or 4 liberals that are terrified of conservative dog whistling so maybe they assumed that calling specific women lazy as secret approval of harrassment.
    This I do not care about. Like I do—I don't get the Anita critque—but this wouldn't scare me off.

I should probably say that everything around the Trump election got weird. Gamergate was tied to it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    To me Anita will always be the person that complained about misrepresentation of women in media and then followed it up with this shit:
    I don't even know what that is...

9. It's the official image for their podcast and it looks nothing like them.

10. I’m not following how that’s not a good example of helping representation. Because they wanted to use cute anime representations of them? That’s a stretch. Penny Arcade writers look like swamp monsters compared to their cute cartoon reps.

A face for radio as they say.