Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 TNL Revival

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I’m not following how that’s not a good example of helping representation. Because they wanted to use cute anime representations of them? That’s a stretch. Penny Arcade writers look like swamp monsters compared to their cute cartoon reps.

A face for radio as they say.
    Anita has several videos about unrealistic expectations of the female form in gaming. Then she uses an unrealistic expectations for their avatars. The avatars look both younger, have arguably "white" bone structure and a lower body fat percentage than many women and their actual selves.

It's a bit hypocritical to criticize one group for doing the thing then turn around and do the thing.

BUT that isnt an uncommon stance for some people on the left. Many people buy into disgrimation being = prejudice + power, and since they do not have power in a male dominated hobby, they could argue it is ok to perpetuate prejudice.

Imo that is stupid, but some people do think that way. That things are only wrong when the powerful do it.

Everything fem frequency does is like this btw. It's all lazy or hypocritical. Other feminist gamers that critique her are usely more informative.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Dont go there.
    Don't go where? If I hadn't seen the image of them as anime characters my 1st impression was that it was a guy. I just wrote it off in my head to not wearing makeup.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06 Apr 2020 at 10:54 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Black women can be feminists too ya dingus
    Last edited by Dunlap; 06 Apr 2020 at 12:38 PM.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Don't go where? If I hadn't seen the image of them as anime characters my 1st impression was that it was a guy. I just wrote it off in my head to not wearing makeup.
    Does anyone else want to tell him?

5. No, we don't need that conversation. In fact we don't need this whole stupid conversation so let's just stop.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. In a generation we just won't have cartoons because they are by design reductive and stereotypical.

Anyway Drew why you thankful you still have a job, I thought you owned multiple companies and bitcoin hoards???
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The closest thing to being pro gamergate was people saying Anita (a different person than the female reviewer) was lazy in how she built her evidence for feminist critiques of misogynist tropes in games. Like using princess peach for a damsel in distress trope when by the US mario 2, you can play as her.
    She also recently whined on Twitter about how there were no female characters on The Mandelorian, which outed her as obviously never having watched it to begin with since there are plenty of female characters on that show.

It seems like the people who bitch the most about movies/comics/games are the ones who don't watch/read/play them.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    LO fucking L

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    The one on the left confuses me.
    Dude, you know what's up that one.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. I'm most upset that good feminist criticism is so absent on the internet. I grew up being told that the cream rises to the top, that the solution to bad speech is more speech. And yet all that I am presented with is this lazy criticism and outraged dorks. Why can't anyone make good content on the internet?

9. Because it doesn't make money.
    Lazy bullshit clickbait apparently does, though.

10. I wasn't going to start with the answers but yes, I believe most of the problems of the internet stem from Adsense.