Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 TNL Revival

1. This forum will still be around for a long time regardless of who leaves or comes. I feel bad some people have chosen to never come back due to stupid disagreements but maybe we can one day come to an understanding between each other.

Myself I don't hate anyone here. Not even people who have attacked me or called me names. I'm too old to care about that kind of stuff. I've known so many people here for a long, long time. I have good memories of this place and I tend to stick to that even with the abuse some people wish to throw at me.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 22 Jul 2020 at 09:55 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I appreciate that. I'm still trying to learn.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. The TNL Discord isn't terribly active, either.
    We're in a feedback loop of decreasing forum activity and member attrition.
    I'm not sure if there's anything that can turn things around, but I I'll stick around and see.

4. When I got kicked, it didn't turn into Korian's Bright Club?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You'd be close to correct tho Yoshi would be the 1st to make it clear he 100% supports a digital only future. Trying to remember that image he would post whenever someone mentioned only buying physical media...I miss Andrew the fucking most since he was as much of a nerd about Dragon Quest as I am. I would have loved to hear his impressions for DQXI on the Switch.
    It was an image of a dinosaur watching a meteor fall. I bought it on PS4 (couldn’t wait for the Switch) and really loved it. A grand return to form. But Christ, it really does drag on... Even by DQ standards, it was a bit much. Still, overall pleased, and I know I’ll double-dip on the Switch version eventually.Glad you’re doing well!
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    When I got kicked, it didn't turn into Korian's Bright Club?
    I really didn't pay much attention to it until recently, so I couldn't say, but I haven't seen Korian on it yet.
    I started using Discord again because of the new Fightcade, and I was already on the TNL server.

7. Goodnight, TNL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	824ACECF-E80A-4CC6-8283-A644416BB6ED.gif 
Views:	232 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	81818

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    It was an image of a dinosaur watching a meteor fall. I bought it on PS4 (couldn’t wait for the Switch) and really loved it. A grand return to form. But Christ, it really does drag on... Even by DQ standards, it was a bit much. Still, overall pleased, and I know I’ll double-dip on the Switch version eventually.Glad you’re doing well!
    I'm glad to see you again too man. It's been far too long since I've seen you post so it's good to know you're doing ok. The Switch version of DQXI kills the PS4 totally in terms of extra content. I can't even begin to describe how much the PS4 version was jacked out of so much good stuff.

@Yeller, Glad to see you around also sir!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I hate to see this board die.

I wonder if it will have a comeback or if this was just like high school and college friends and we’ve all moved on?

Unless someone does something to bring in users, this is probably it.

I was looking at the gf tavern thread last night and most of that generation is gone.

It is interesting at least 2 old users have committed sex crimes and another came out as LGBT.

It was the same way with rampant fronting and smart phones. We lose members everytime theblandscape changes.