Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31315161718 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 TNL Revival

1. Pretty much every forum I'm familiar with is either dead or close to it. Most of the classic computer forums have migrated to facebook because of the olds, and Discord has basically taken over gaming chat, reducing the userbases of the forums to just trolls, bots, and the occasional mod.
    Some of the more project-oriented forums are still pretty active, but they're not really the same kind of thing, since there's not much off-topic discussion.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

It is interesting at least 2 old users have committed sex crimes
    Wait, what?

3. I know about Bahn's busy hands, and I think there was that one crazy cultist guy who jerked off in a park, Master of 7's I think.
    I'm not sure who else.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Pretty much every forum I'm familiar with is either dead or close to it. Most of the classic computer forums have migrated to facebook because of the olds, and Discord has basically taken over gaming chat, reducing the userbases of the forums to just trolls, bots, and the occasional mod.
    Some of the more project-oriented forums are still pretty active, but they're not really the same kind of thing, since there's not much off-topic discussion.
    #1 any dead community has in common? The most active posts are about themselves dying and the good ol' days. The politics thread is the only saving grace right now, I think. Close that and the forum is dormant. If you want to fix the forums you just post more—it's not rocket science (I don't care that much. Everything has a season) I first noticed a big decline way back after the mods went on a tear and the plebs wanted to merge things all posts in to topic mega threads (politics is the main one that survived to this day with regular activity). Then you have the topic policeman-types like Dolemite who literally get upset at stuff like a politics discussion going on in the politics thread and blowing up.

I recall the moment I started checking out of TNL. It was a thread where all the fluffy white boys here were really waxing poetic about how they were all just laissez-fair geniuses. Now it's just a time killer on the shitter.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 23 Jul 2020 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I know about Bahn's busy hands, and I think there was that one crazy cultist guy who jerked off in a park, Master of 7's I think.
    I'm not sure who else.
    eThugg also got in trouble for cybering and maybe actually meeting up for sex with like a 14 or 15 year old.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Damn. Where are the good old days when TNL drama was "my brother was in the taliban"?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    cybering
    That’s a word I haven’t heard in a while.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I know about Bahn's busy hands, and I think there was that one crazy cultist guy who jerked off in a park, Master of 7's I think.
    I'm not sure who else.
    I've not heard that name since......

9. I knew about Ethugg's thing but not Mo7. But Bahn crossed over to my real life when a buddy was like, "Hey didn't you post on that Got Next Level forum site?" and wanted to know if he was as shitty as the articles said. I don't know if we had a visitor uptick around that time but one of the articles mentioned GameGo/TNL/Got Next.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Damn. Where are the good old days when TNL drama was "my brother was in the taliban"?
    Obama killed Criticom's brother with a drone strike! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn#Death

huh, that means 4. 5 if you count the one that has admitted to it here but hasn't been called on it.