Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 TNL Revival

1. I would be if the opinion that if you are preaching for more realistic representations of women in games and for them not to be sexualized, that when you create a cartoon representation if yourself it should be more accurate.

Like if I made an official cartoon image of myself for a podcast about how men should be realistically depicted in media and then I was completely yoked people might not take me very seriously. The Penny Arcade guys agenda is to be funny so how they present themselves only matters in that context.

2. Side rant: I feel like Tycho from PA started a trend of describing non-food related consumption as “delicious” in the 00s and nerd journalists do it so much that its become creepy. It’s an erratic and highly unfounded thought but I hate him now regardless.

3. Can we go back to talking about how terrible Drew's web comic was?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I would be if the opinion that if you are preaching for more realistic representations of women in games and for them not to be sexualized, that when you create a cartoon representation if yourself it should be more accurate.

Like if I made an official cartoon image of myself for a podcast about how men should be realistically depicted in media and then I was completely yoked people might not take me very seriously. The Penny Arcade guys agenda is to be funny so how they present themselves only matters in that context.
    Also I don’t find those avatars overly sexualized, and I’m sure she probably meant the depictions of women without agency over their destinies, or competence without a masculine support system. Being sexy shouldn’t be the default or only option for anyone because of a physical attribute — but if they like/want that then fine? That’s throwing baby out w the bath water, no?

Or maybe she has you trapped in a conflation trap Opaque: She’s fine w radio depicting women as more attractive. It’s GAMING she has no patience for.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Can we go back to talking about how terrible Drew's web comic was?
    You mean how it was a timeless classic? A decade later and you still can’t get enough.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Can we go back to talking about how terrible Drew's web comic was?
    Yis.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Or maybe she has you trapped in a conflation trap Opaque: She’s fine w radio depicting women as more attractive. It’s GAMING she has no patience for.
    Real talk, this is my new favorite take on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    But we do have 3 or 4 liberals that are terrified of conservative dog whistling so maybe they assumed that calling specific women lazy as secret approval of harrassment.
    Which liberals are those?

8. Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    To me Anita will always be the person that complained about misrepresentation of women in media and then followed it up with this shit:
    The one on the left confuses me.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Dont go there.