Thread: E3 2020 has been canceled

1. E3 2020 has been canceled

https://www.gamesradar.com/e3-2020-cancelled/

Oh hey friends. It's been awhile. Any of y'all still go to E3? Well not this year. I work for the production company that builds out the booth for Square Enix so this is a major bummer for me since I was slated to go to the show.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rhydant; 11 Mar 2020 at 02:03 PM.

2. Honestly, there's nothing done at E3 for consumers that can't just be done with a video presentation posted online. The Bethesda presentation last year was embarrassing.

Nintendo's directs is what everyone should look to emulate this year.

3. I'm sad that this fucks over a bunch of people (not just the developers/publishers directly affected, but the people like Rhydant's company and the local small businesses), but I'm not sad that it fucks over the ESA.
    Fuck the ESA.

4. Yeah I agree SSJN. ESA really screwed the pooch with that data breach.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. E3 is a shadow of what it used to be but it's still sad to see it go. The public-facing aspect really was the smallest part, though, so the fact it can be replicated isn't particularly comforting. Meet & greet networking is always going to better and more effective than online presentations and videos.

6. Anyone who depends on trade shows or live events for their income is in for a tough year.
    Whoever is in charge of E3 at the ESA must be kicking themselves for not playing the corona virus card a few weeks earlier, before all their partners jumped ship and made them look like fools.
    I would not be surprised if it doesn't return next year.
    Last edited by kedawa; 11 Mar 2020 at 07:38 PM.

7. Sony isn't even going to be at the show.

The NBA just suspended its season, after confirmation of a Utah Jazz player contracting the virus. The shit just got real!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

8. Think this thread should be renamed The Year 2020 Cancelled.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Anyone who depends on trade shows or live events for their income is in for a tough year.
    You ain't kidding. One of the companies I work for had me interview a client who owns a business that makes displays for major trade shows and conferences, and he practically started crying on the phone because every show he had lined up was being cancelled. Poor guy.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Anyone who depends on trade shows or live events for their income is in for a tough year.
    Yep, I'm going to be down quite a bit with just the Midwest Gaming Classic being canceled. Not to mention a few small shows as well.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in