Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    My job is a part of essential services, since I provide installation and service for electronic communication services. Still, when jobs get cancelled (like a Miichaels PC upgrade rollout) my hours get cut as well. I only managed to get 28 hours last week, and used several hours of vacation time to bump it up to 34. This week I got 8 hours on Monday, 10.75 hours on Tuesday and just 6.5 hours today. The next 2 days I'll be driving to Lufkin and Tyler for a couple of hours on the clock for each, and I'll get paid around $300 for the travel. I'm losing about 15-20% of my pay right now, which could be around $500-$600 a month that I'm not making. That alone pays for my water, electric and cell phone bills.
    Ha, ha, you're going to Lufkin.

2. I went to a Chick-Fil-A in the Lufkin Mall, to walk a pathway for a fiber optic cable run from a data circuit. It was funny, because they had a pickup table outside of the mall with antibacterial wipes and a large bottle of hand sanitizer. Nobody was outside, so I went ahead and filled up my small bottle of hand sanitizer.��

3. The Great Easter Outbreak is about to hit all those people who couldn't stay home this Sunday. I want to feel bad about what's coming but it's hard to when it's all going to be self-inflicted wounds.

Unfortunately, people who just can't seem to understand why they need to stay their asses home don't just hurt themselves. They spread it, others die for lack of the hospital bed they took up, and eventually many of the doctors and nurses caring for them die too

5. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Unfortunately, people who just can't seem to understand why they need to stay their asses home don't just hurt themselves. They spread it, others die for lack of the hospital bed they took up, and eventually many of the doctors and nurses caring for them die too
    I went to home depot the other day and there were SO MANY old people there. I guess they must really want to have a nice looking garden before dying. This must be the equivalent of birds going out to sea.

6. Yeah, stores are crazy crowded right now - combination of the trump dollars and nice weather is definitely encouraging people to be pretty bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    yes. If it was just stupid people it would be fine. But they run the risk of spreading it to people not at fault.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I would have thought that too but here I am getting pretty close to my normal weekly income and since I don't have to pay for gas or baby sitting I'm kind of breaking even. All while staying home and staying safe.

Maybe they'll continue to surprise me.
    My income has actually gone up a tick since I have been getting some OT, and suddenly I'm not spending all this money going out all the time, so I have oddly been saving up much faster than expected in all this. Might spend some of that stimulus money on a video card or something.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    My income has actually gone up a tick since I have been getting some OT, and suddenly I'm not spending all this money going out all the time, so I have oddly been saving up much faster than expected in all this. Might spend some of that stimulus money on a video card or something.
    I was going to drop by MicroCenter today to check out if they had any open box RTX 2080s or 2080 Ti's. The parking lot was packed and people were rolling out the door with cases, monitors and system builds. You had to scan an image with your phone to sign in, and they would text you when you could enter. The stimulus check actually got a lot of people out of their homes today. So much for people being in lock-down at home.

10. So much for using it on necessities
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!