Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

Why were you at a store for something you don't need?

2. I was wearing a protective mask and latex gloves. I bailed out, after seeing the madness. I later drove by a Costco, and the parking lot was packed. The stimulus checks may have caused more damage, than good, in the fight to contain the virus.

You do realize how absurd you are, complaining about people being out buying shit while you were out buying shit. Right?

4. It's obviously them, not him, that are the problem.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. No Bobbb. My point was that all of these people came out of shelter, not observing safe social distancing, or wearing anything to protect themselves. Thanks for being a douchbag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You do realize how absurd you are, complaining about people being out buying shit while you were out buying shit. Right?
    Yeah I know. I’m out there because my job is essential services. These people were coming out of shelter.

My job is essential service, so I am at all these businesses repairing and upgrading equipment. Everyone came out of home sheltering yesterday. I know of 2 guys that work in my department, that went into shelter about a month ago and we haven’t seen them since. Yesterday turned into shopping madness for these people and a lot of them weren’t even wearing protective gear.

I never went into MicroCenter because of the amount of people there. And I drove by a Costco; I wasn’t going there. I drive all over the city every day for my job. I’ll be working at a Kindercare tonight, after all of the children are gone, I replaced a PA system at a Micheals this morning and I’ll be repairing a wireless bridge at a golf course tomorrow.
    Last edited by gamevet; 16 Apr 2020 at 01:12 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I was going to drop by MicroCenter today to check out if they had any open box RTX 2080s or 2080 Ti's.
    I don't think that part was 'essential', but obviously neither did you, since you didn't go in.
    I'm just running into oblivious people who don't realize that they need to get the fuck out of peoples way if we're going to maintain any distance.

7. Yeah, I didn't know it was your job to check to see if open box videocards are at microcenter.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I've had good success with microcenter's website showing open box products but whatever. You gotta do what you gotta do to stay sane at a time like this.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I was wearing a protective mask and latex gloves. I bailed out, after seeing the madness. I later drove by a Costco, and the parking lot was packed. The stimulus checks may have caused more damage, than good, in the fight to contain the virus.
    That was alway's trump's goal. Entice people to leave their houses and spend money

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    No Bobbb. My point was that all of these people came out of shelter, not observing safe social distancing, or wearing anything to protect themselves. Thanks for being a douchbag about it.

Yeah I know. I’m out there because my job is essential services. These people were coming out of shelter.

My job is essential service, so I am at all these businesses repairing and upgrading equipment. Everyone came out of home sheltering yesterday. I know of 2 guys that work in my department, that went into shelter about a month ago and we haven’t seen them since. Yesterday turned into shopping madness for these people and a lot of them weren’t even wearing protective gear.

I never went into MicroCenter because of the amount of people there. And I drove by a Costco; I wasn’t going there. I drive all over the city every day for my job. I’ll be working at a Kindercare tonight, after all of the children are gone, I replaced a PA system at a Micheals this morning and I’ll be repairing a wireless bridge at a golf course tomorrow.
    This highlights a major problem with the contract economy. When you have guys filling a need at multiple locations, they can spread anything to everyone. If you were infected, just how many businesses could you get viruses in a 14 day period?

Then consider that most large locations use contractors. Multiple groups of 10, 15 people servicing businesses with 300, 400 people each.

We were better prepared for this in the 60s. Modern business has done nothing but make us susceptible to it.