Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. I was reading an article recently saying how the AMC movie chain was already hemorrhaging money, and a lot of experts are predicting that the pandemic will finish them off for good. I really hope that isn't true, because the AMC theater by me is a Dine-In with a full bar and full dinner delivery to your seat. It's rad.

2. The one here even has decent food! Combined with the near unlimited movies (3 tickets a week) sub for $20, it was a great deal.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Or, it's a great time for Disney to finally take full control of theaters and then you'll have to go to Disney Cinemas to see the best versions of the Marvel movies.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Yeah, I can see that. Theater space is really too specialized to renovate into other commercial space without a huge overhaul, property owners will probably be pretty desperate to keep them running as theaters. In swoops the studios to 'rescue' those properties/buy those chains at a nice discount and cut out the middleman for their distribution.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, I didn't know it was your job to check to see if open box videocards are at microcenter.
    I was driving by the place from a job up North of Dallas. The parking lot had been pretty sparse for several weeks now, until people got a check from Daddy Trump. It's been pure madness there for 2 days now. Thursday I drove by (you can see it from the freeway) and there were about 25 people crowded around the door, with only a few people wearing PPE. None of them were using social distancing.

And my point was that I'm in places much worse than normal retail like Microcenter. I had to go into an Orthopedic center Friday morning to look at a job needing completion next week. Wednesday night I was in a Dialysis center to install a couple of network outlets in an office. I'm wearing PPE all of the time, while these people coming out of shelter weren't protecting themselves or others around them. Most of Dallas/Ft. Worth has been in shelfer for several weeks, with many proposing it stay that way, well into May. All of these people leaving shelfter (all at once) could delay it even further.
    Last edited by gamevet; 18 Apr 2020 at 05:57 PM.

I'll ask.

Where the fuck is anyone even finding the correct ppe?

I havent seen a facemask of any sort for sale in 6 weeks. My options are to tape a tshirt around my head.

I couldn't even find the basic pollen masks that are totally useless for disease protection.

None of these masks protect you from diseases. They help to protect other people from your asymptomatic ass that's still out buying calzones or whatever.

I got a box of those dental masks and gloves in the way you would expect I would, and I still have a few n95 masks left for work, but we're using washable masks Rebecca made at this point when we have to go out.

9. i got a real mask but i'd have to shave my beard for it to work. And I'd have to get eye protection. But hey, at least I look like a sweet denim ninja with my cloth mask.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'll ask.

Where the fuck is anyone even finding the correct ppe?

I havent seen a facemask of any sort for sale in 6 weeks. My options are to tape a tshirt around my head.
    My wife works for a company that distributes protective gear and tools for industrial companies. They've reserved stock for their own employees and she's brought them home. I've also had a box of N95 masks for several years now. I got them from a temp firm that hired out people for trades like industrial work and I decommisioned their network. I got a box of 200 surgical gloves from a Dialysis place that had moved their office and I decommisioned their network. I've kept a small bottle of antiseptic gel in my truck for a long time. I get on many outdoor jobs where I might not have access to a sink to wash my hands.

You're best bet is to look in the paint section of your local hardware store. They often carry protective masks.

N95 masks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 18 Apr 2020 at 10:55 PM.