Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

Masks have been out of stock at hardware stores since early March.

2. This video shows how to make your own protective masks. I'm pretty sure that most of us don't own, or know how to use a sewing machine, but I'm pretty sure that using a needle and thread can accomplish the same task.

3. I can always just wear a ski mask.

4. Gaiter scarves are pretty readily available if you want to look like a sweet ninja.

We all still know how to shirt ninja, right?

6. Of course.

7. Got my ninja getup it's a Fett's Vette sweatshirt.

Rockin awesome drawstrings tied so tight that my head hurts.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Or, it's a great time for Disney to finally take full control of theaters and then you'll have to go to Disney Cinemas to see the best versions of the Marvel movies.
    This seems so obvious. AMC is collapsing, and movie theaters are a crappy business model unless you have a stake in the movie profits. Disney is going to vertically integrate the whole damn chain.

I worry that America in the state it's in tends to consolidate during hard times rather than fragment, so that when it "rebounds" the rich just get richer and more powerful. It happened in 2008/9 and it's going to happen even worse now. All those small businesses that are folding will be bought up by big chains.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'll ask.

Where the fuck is anyone even finding the correct ppe?

I havent seen a facemask of any sort for sale in 6 weeks. My options are to tape a tshirt around my head.
    Even the corner bodegas here have face masks for sale.

I already had a P95 respirator before all this, which I used for when I spray lacquer paints. It looks a bit over the top, but it's reusable, with replaceable cartridges and it's better protection than an N95.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This seems so obvious. AMC is collapsing, and movie theaters are a crappy business model unless you have a stake in the movie profits. Disney is going to vertically integrate the whole damn chain.

I worry that America in the state it's in tends to consolidate during hard times rather than fragment, so that when it "rebounds" the rich just get richer and more powerful. It happened in 2008/9 and it's going to happen even worse now. All those small businesses that are folding will be bought up by big chains.
    The top companies are the only ones with either enough cash to make it or in good enough standing with their banks to get the credit they need to survive.

Modern banking is just as much as at fault as big companies. I was reading something that said that the small business loan thing set up at the same time as the 1200 trump bucks was depleted in 2 weeks by big companies taking out multiple loans against the program. I think one took out 24 loans and got approval for 11 of them.

Modern banks are cowardly risk adverse fucks.