Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1727293031323335 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. Most of the businesses that have gone under where I live are restaurants, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of them were already on the verge of folding before the lockdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I worry that America in the state it's in tends to consolidate during hard times rather than fragment, so that when it "rebounds" the rich just get richer and more powerful.
    I doubt we even need to wait for a rebound for that to happen. They get richer in absolute terms when the stock market goes up. They get richer in relative terms when it goes down. There's no losing for them.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The top companies are the only ones with either enough cash to make it or in good enough standing with their banks to get the credit they need to survive.

Modern banking is just as much as at fault as big companies. I was reading something that said that the small business loan thing set up at the same time as the 1200 trump bucks was depleted in 2 weeks by big companies taking out multiple loans against the program. I think one took out 24 loans and got approval for 11 of them.

Modern banks are cowardly risk adverse fucks.
    They’re all running on borrowed money. That’s why when Profits are down by a mere 15% that they start shutting down stores. We’ve been doing work for the same cable company for over 20 years and they’ve gone through ownership by3 companies over that time.

3. All ya'll talking about Disney buying out theaters... they literally can't. Not to say they won't try, but they'll have to put in some heavy-duty lobbying first to make it legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Maybe you should try reading what you link:

Effort to Terminate the Paramount decrees
    The United States Department of Justice Antitrust Division began a review of antitrust decrees that did not have expiration dates. On November 18, 2019, the DOJ announced it would seek to terminate the Paramount Decrees, which would include a two-year sunset period as to the practices of block booking and circuit dealing to allow theater chains to adjust. The Department stated it was "unlikely that the remaining defendants can reinstate their cartel" as reasoning for terminating the decrees.[10] The DOJ formally filed its motion for a court order to terminate the decrees on November 22, 2019.[11] The move was opposed by independent movie theater owners, including the Independent Cinema Alliance, and independent filmmakers.[9]
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I moved to NYC in October. What a time to be alive.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post
    I moved to NYC in October. What a time to be alive.
    I moved up here in August. It was fun for a bit!

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Maybe you should try reading what you link:
    So they don’t give af long term since they consider the national theatre industry a cartel anyway.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I moved up here in August. It was fun for a bit!
    Ha. YEP!!! What part? I'm in Astoria.

9. https://www.newsweek.com/controversi...ndemic-1500503

Can't rule out virus came from lab now.

10. Another horseshit finger pointing title when we still don't have any good evidence.