Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. A friend of mine sent me pictures from a local Walmart meat section. He pretty much told me not to bother shopping there tomorrow. It's pretty much been cleaned out in many sections.

Attached Images Attached Images

look at all those dry goods still on the shelves.

People are retarded.

3. Walmart is gross. I would never buy meat there.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    So a Nintendo of America employee has caught this shit now.
    So?

[LINK]https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/[/LINK]

These random simulations do a good job illustrating why social distancing and staying out of public spaces as much as possible is so important, and the best chance at saving lives

6. All the panic buying will look foolish in retrospect. In three weeks when people realize they didn’t need to stock up on 18 pounds of garbage Walmart steaks there’s going to be a huge surplus since the supply chains of non-medical goods aren’t likely to be disrupted... same with infrastructure like hydro and water services.

Ultimately the distancing precautions are really good. We should do that in flu season too. On a personal note all the soccer games I go to have been canceled. Pearl Jams tour is canceled. Luckily I got to see Hamilton before it was canceled this morning. The economy is gonna be in the shitter until end of April. On the positive side if you’ve got savings to spare now is a great time to buy!

7. I'm just happy that I didn't lose any money.
    I've also been staying home a lot and shopping at off peak times for most of the last six months anyway. Now I get to call it disaster preparedness training.

8. I'm pretty sure that the people that are hoarding supplies, are thinking that there will be a complete quaranteen in their area.

A co-worker sold a good portion of his AMD stock, when it was $60 a share, and bought back into it, after the prices plummeted from the recent panic.

9. Walmart's 24 hour stores will now be open from 6 am til 11 pm.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/14/busin...urs/index.html

10. I mean, paring back store hours sounds nice on paper, but while the mania's on it just means there'll be an even denser throng of potential disease-carriers waiting to get in around opening and waiting to check out at closing.