Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. I was under the impression that it's mostly gang violence.

2. Because the sensationalist wording and focus on race are preying on people’s expectations. It’s a really insidious site, actually.

If people are confined to their homes, who is most likely to get the brunt of their tempers? Hint: it’s not going to be the gang on the other side of town.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. I have the feeling that the type of person who would be shooting at their fellow gang members in the streets isn't likely to adhere to governmental suggestions to stay in their homes, either.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

That may be true, but the statistics provided on the site are nonspecific. They are expecting that people will see “gun violence” and “Chicago” and assume that it’s gang related. I propose that may be some of the case, but it’s also very likely that domestic violence incidents are becoming far more common in households.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/do...b-305bf667762f
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. It’s amazing how many non essential jobs there are that require college degrees. Keeping us dummies at risk is ok I suppose.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 24 Mar 2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. At least the political attack ads keep going. Good job assholes. Way to work together and help your constituents in a time of need.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

Somehow most construction is deemed essential. It should just be hospitals and emergency service work. Who cares if I don’t get power on in anything else.
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 24 Mar 2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I was under the impression that it's mostly gang violence.
    This!

Crime and violence isn't going to stop because the Mayor asked nicely.

There's stories of people getting into heated fights over freaking toilet paper.

9. I think the most recent gotta buy em all gun lines started around the time I saw "the police in X have said they will not be responding to Y calls anymore" of facebook. "You have no one to call for help" is the message going around.

10. The cops around me have basically been saying "We'll still be responding to all your calls during this crisis, but you better not be wasting our fucking time with stupid shit if you know what's good for you."

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww