Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Trump shifts the slow coronavirua response time to the states, saying THEY, not him, were slow to respond. HE'S doing a fantastic job.
    This is the exact playbook from the CCP, blaming the local Wuhan officials for not containing the virus when they were the one who didn't quarantine the town until it is too late (and also telegraphed the quarantine by many days so people have plenty of time to leave and spread it throughout country).

2. Tenth ammendment "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." It's always the state's fault until proven otherwise.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. I haven't checked in for a minute so I just read this last page, and I see Mog is still working, is anyone else in a job too essential to be shut down? I sincerely hope all you and your families are doing well and staying safe through this shit. I've tried to stay pretty far away from all the news, only because it's impossible and I hear it everywhere from everyone so when I can tune out for a minute I do. I'm at a job that considers itself essential, but we're pretty much a junkyard so as long as you consider discount used car parts essential then yeah. We cut hours last week and everyone went from a mandatory 45.5 to 37.5 a week, which I suppose is better than anyone losing their job outright but the guarenteed overtime was definitely the nice part of the paycheck and losing that stinks. I'm trying very hard every day to be positive about things and it's becoming increasingly difficult as each day passes.

4. People aren't taking this seriously at all. Face masks to make sure any germs filtered from the air get held right up to their mouth and nose for as long as possible, and the 6 foot rule might as well be nonexistent for all the good grocery stores are able to enforce it. They're trying, but people just don't care. It's going to take a couple hundred thousand more deaths to make this sink in.

5. I've been visiting at my sister's house for the last couple of weeks, but I'm heading back home soon. Fortunately nobody in her town has it yet, and my landlady in the city said her family are fine, so I'm probably about as safe there as I am here. I would normally take the train home, but fuck that.

I think I've got it pretty good, to be honest. I've been staying at home and barely socializing for the better part of the last six months anyway, so I'm already accustomed to it.

The bass player from Fountains of Wayne died. Not famous enough for 2020, but we're getting closer.

7. I needed a few essentials and ended up at target. It was a fucking joke how many parents and kids were in there.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    People aren't taking this seriously at all. Face masks to make sure any germs filtered from the air get held right up to their mouth and nose for as long as possible, and the 6 foot rule might as well be nonexistent for all the good grocery stores are able to enforce it. They're trying, but people just don't care. It's going to take a couple hundred thousand more deaths to make this sink in.
    Pretty much every store up here has hand sanitizer and ground markers of where to stand if you’re getting in line. The aisles are still a bit dicey but people try their best to give you space. It’s pretty easy.

Yes. Even here in bumble we've started to see foot markers. Signs posted. Hand sanitizer at cash registers. People will wait for others to get done with a shopping aisle. Signs posted to buy just one thing.

Hours cut on all stores.

Curfew letter posted on my door.

Still going to work. Salary is split into work shifts. Work from home every five days. Place is like a crypt. Almost like no one is here.

I have various art projects for people if they want or need to earn more money.