Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So long as congress extends the extra unemployment we can weather this storm until next year.

If not, see you guys in the wastelands.
    If there's one thing I'm certain of, congress and our current government is going to make it worse. The wastelands seem more and more probable.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I would have thought that too but here I am getting pretty close to my normal weekly income and since I don't have to pay for gas or baby sitting I'm kind of breaking even. All while staying home and staying safe.

Maybe they'll continue to surprise me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Trump shifts the slow coronavirua response time to the states, saying THEY, not him, were slow to respond. HE'S doing a fantastic job.

What a colossal piece of shit.
    We'll have to count on our states' governors- not Trump nor Kushner. And, let's hope the vaccines come out in 12 months rather than a year and a half.

When things go back to "normal", I'm through shaking hands with anyone. Forever. I think the Deal Or No Deal fist bump is where it's at.
    https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/re...-shaking-hands

Stay safe, everyone.

4. What about jazz hands?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So long as congress extends the extra unemployment we can weather this storm until next year.

If not, see you guys in the wastelands.
    We who? The people actually able to get unemployment, or the people privileged enough to work from home? What about everyone else?

6. I can't work from home, but those people obviously aren't dependent on the unemployment benefits I was talking about.

If you were employed, self employed or a gig worker and now aren't because of Covid19 you qualify for unemployment because if the CARES Act.

So who specifically would you be talking about as "everyone else"? Who doesn't fit into the two categories of "Covid19 didn't change my ability to make money" or "Covid19 did change my ability to make money"?

LAWL!

8. What am I missing here, for reals? Like obviously there are businesses and businesses owners who have different circumstances but for the vast majority of Americans who are struggling right now because their work has either been reduced and eliminated because of the pandemic, there is real help and hope because of the extension and supplementation of unemployment.

9. My job is a part of essential services, since I provide installation and service for electronic communication services. Still, when jobs get cancelled (like a Miichaels PC upgrade rollout) my hours get cut as well. I only managed to get 28 hours last week, and used several hours of vacation time to bump it up to 34. This week I got 8 hours on Monday, 10.75 hours on Tuesday and just 6.5 hours today. The next 2 days I'll be driving to Lufkin and Tyler for a couple of hours on the clock for each, and I'll get paid around $300 for the travel. I'm losing about 15-20% of my pay right now, which could be around $500-$600 a month that I'm not making. That alone pays for my water, electric and cell phone bills.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Apr 2020 at 08:30 PM.

10. I've been real lucky, company I work for laid off all their temps (which was 2/3 of the workforce at my warehouse) but has kept the direct hires around. We're coming up a few hours short of 40hrs weekly since we close early Fridays, and aren't getting the ~5 hrs OT a week we usually averaged, so that's been a hit. But this week they put us on a rotating schedule of groups coming in 2 days and being off 3, but still giving pay for the full week. Not sure how long they can keep that up, but damn nice.