Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1020222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. If he dies the panic you've seen so far will be nothing.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    If he dies

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Local post office is suddenly closed until April 30. Hmm. Drove two minutes to the next one in the neighboring town, and this is apparently how they're keeping their employees safe. Probably not too long before this branch closes down too.
    This is spectacular.
    By the way, none of this stuff is going away after "things get back to normal." These plexiglass barriers are going to be up forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Also things won't be going back to normal for quite a while. I've been on a number of market calls the last few weeks with various economists and by and large they're not expecting to see a recovery until 2021 at the earliest. The expectation is we will open back up and the virus will resurge again probably in the fall. Until there's a vaccine developed this is the new normal.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. The general assumption in the medical community isn’t “if” you’ll get it, but “when”. So if we flatten the curve effectively it’ll also likely prolong the economic effects over a longer time horizon. I’m happy w that outcome despite personal setbacks it’ll bring me.

I was reading WSJ predictions of an additional 20% drop before the market bottoms. 2021 seems likely.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    And it's a great time to work at a grocery store: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/whit...162744189.html
    And people obviously had a reason to hoard. This was eventually going to happen.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Also things won't be going back to normal for quite a while. I've been on a number of market calls the last few weeks with various economists and by and large they're not expecting to see a recovery until 2021 at the earliest. The expectation is we will open back up and the virus will resurge again probably in the fall. Until there's a vaccine developed this is the new normal.
    So long as congress extends the extra unemployment we can weather this storm until next year.

If not, see you guys in the wastelands.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    This is spectacular.
    By the way, none of this stuff is going away after "things get back to normal." These plexiglass barriers are going to be up forever.
    Plexiglass? Those are shower curtains.

Lord, and Bush Jr of all people knew this was coming.

Grocery workers are starting to die: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gr...ronaviruslinks

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    And people obviously had a reason to hoard.
    Well, that's a way of looking at it for sure.