Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. I've been working from home for a while now, so nothing's really changed for me. My girlfriend's a psychologist and as of today she's stopped having patients to her office and switched to phone/Skype sessions only for the time being.

My favorite Starbucks, which is roomy and cozy and quiet and great for relaxing and reading in, is now take-out only due to this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    All schools in New York State have been closed. All restaurants and bars in NYC are now take-out only.
    Well, now ALL bars and restaurants in NY state are take-out only. And as of 8pm tonight, all the gyms and movie theaters are closed until further notice. Shit. Weights are stress management for me. Guess I better work on my cardio more?

Fuck. Guess I better get to Walmart and see if I can pick up a cheap dumbbell set. The preserve near me has those bodyweight exercise stations at regular intervals along a pathway...I can probably combine the two and be okay.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 16 Mar 2020 at 04:53 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Dont go to a Walmart. Work out outside. The preserve should be fine. It's fine to like, go hike or ride a bike, or run, or even go to a park, as long as you are doing it solitary or as a couple and staying away from other people
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

3. Mickey D's in San Antonio are now Drive-Thru only. Shocked it took them this long.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. I didn’t look at this bc I’ve been in thesis-and-finals-land.

School is basically closed, all finals were moved online. Spring semester will be 100% online. I fear for my boomer professors who can barely operate email.

I am graduating at the end of the week, and basically all the milestones I should be going through have been canceled. I’m very, very existentially pissed. Commencement will most likely be delayed. While I was meh about going through it, I’m frustrated that I won’t get the chance. I’m more upset that I won’t really get to have “the last chat” with some people who have helped me along the way. I’ll send them emails obviously, but it’s not the same.

There’s some benefits to my painfully small college town, one of them being that all the kids are flocking back home so goods aren’t gone yet. Stores are pretty empty for sure, but it seems like it’s still possible to get meat, some bread, cereal. My husband got really lucky yesterday, they were putting out a 12 pack of toilet paper and he grabbed it. Stupid things I never thought I’d give a fuck about!

It’s mostly just boring, but I’ve basically been on quarantine bc of my research this semester anyway. I’ve been locked up in my room writing for 7-10 hours a day, for about 10 weeks. So....this is just insult to injury at this point. Husband has been working mostly remotely for the past 6 months, so I just have to concentrate on not murdering him because now I can’t even go to class to catch a break.

I turn in all my work on Friday, so after that I guess I better get a hobby that isn’t “doing research about the Holocaust.”
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. My wife had her first customer call in saying they have symptoms. Will find out tomorrow the extent but now their meds will have to be shipped and they’re running low.

The death rate in Italy is ~7.2? That’s higher than China I think. They’re so fucked

6. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Mickey D's in San Antonio are now Drive-Thru only. Shocked it took them this long.
    Not just San Antonio, nationwide. The country is shutting down, and things are going to get worse still before they get better.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. So Trump is insisting on exclusively calling the cronoavirus the "Chinese Virus." I guess he's just trying to get everyone desensitized to how racist it is.

At least he's not calling it the Slant-Eye Virus, but give him time.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. I noticed that only "news" from a certain ideological slants insists on calling it the Wuhan Coronavirus.

9. I just call it SARS 2.

10. We have service tickets for 24 Hour fitness and LA Fitness. 24 Hour Fitness just got taken off of the board and my scheduled visit to LA fitness is in jeopardy of getting cancelled.

I stopped by 2 Walmart’s today, 1 while doing 1 hour of work in Abilene. I managed to get a large 3 pack of Puffs tissue and 3 of the small tissue cubes. The Abilene store had 8 boxes of Vick’s Puffs, which everyone passed on.