Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Coronavirus 2020 Thread

1. I am glad to be working in the public sector where budgets and revenues are largely theoretical. Not that I want to get too secure in my position, I am a contractor, not in the union, but we're not likely to be hit in a real direct/immediate way.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I noticed that only "news" from a certain ideological slants insists on calling it the Wuhan Coronavirus.
    Trump has been referring to it as the "Chinese Virus" on Twitter. EDIT: Oh, I see Dole covered it.

3. We are working overtime. I think multiple employees would have to die before any kind of shut down would happen.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. I’ve been working all over the damn state. Nobody gives a shit about construction. Gotta still get done on time. I’ve been in schools, hospitals, restaurants, grocery stores nobody gives a fuck. Just get our stuff done monkey. Time is money.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Give it another two weeks.

My place is just now, as of yesterday, talking about keeping contractors out.

6. I would have figured that all of the deadly and noxious chemicals in the air would kill off any virus that even came close to your job. Cancer should be a bigger worry.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Okay, I just drove past a gun store and there was literally a line out the door. What the fuck is going on?

8. I hope Wuhan or Chinese virus names stick, because the entire world is affected by the lack of health code/enforcement on their people/markets. We should remember why and where these disease/virus come from so we can learn from our mistakes. Calling it by its clinical name detaches reality and the root cause.

If CCP doesn't want other countries calling them out, perhaps they should do something about the basic cleanliness and hygiene should be enforced for commercial businesses.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 18 Mar 2020 at 11:53 AM.

9. Ebola is named after an African river and no one bats an eye.

Calling this the Wuhan Flu would be just as fair.

10. Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww