Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I finally visited the National Videogame Museum.

1. The R7-2700x is last gen Ryzen, but for the price you're getting 8 cores and 16 threads of CPU power. The RX 580 has 8GB of VRAM, which is way more than he'll need for 1080p/60 gaming. It's a nice entry level PC that will hold up for 1080p gaming for several years, until he wants to get into a higher resolution monitor with more frames per second.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...-30-video-card

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...h-prism-cooler
    Last edited by gamevet; 18 Mar 2020 at 12:27 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I record and edit in avi using virtual dub. You can deinterlace and correct the screen size for youtube for free with virtualdub. I then convert it to mp4 using handbrake.
    I didn't think about Handbrake. I just converted a short clip from my phone (Mov. format) to MP4 H.264. I could have done that for each clip I'd used in that video, and then I wouldn't have to worry about the issues caused by Quicktime files.

I looked back at one of my clips for Half-Priice Books, where I'd filmed the software section of the store. I had a clip before it that was filmed in 720p using a digital camera and the rest was Mov. files. The section filmed with the camera still looks good, while the phone sections turned to ass.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I know, but I don't see MPEG-4 H.264 codec in my options, but I do see H.262 MPEG-2. The rest are Sony AVC, Widows Media 11, HDV and old ass Quick Time 7. It's actually 9 years old. It's Vegas Movie Studio 11. I think it's time for an upgrade.

Yeah, I do set my media resolution and frames in a seperate options area.

Use the ones that say AVC, they're basically the same thing. Quciktime also supports h264 encoding, like the others .mov is just a container, and lots of encoders you can select quicktime and set it to h264 and tell it to just use the mp4 container instead of the mov one.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.