Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I finally visited the National Videogame Museum.

1. Yeah, you’re right. Shadowplay probably uses H.264, while Vegas is using something else. I’ll have to look through the settings a lot little more in Vegas, as I’m pretty sure I have seen an H.264 option.

2. Which is like the first thing I said up there. "Make sure you're using a modern codec."
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Yes you did. I wasted a lot of time with AVI, which actually increased the size se of my video way too much. I kept running into memory errors, because of stupid OneDrive taking over my save files. I had to uninstall that garbage before I could even finish an AVI render. 60GB file was just ridiculous for @11 minute video.

My copy of Vegas is about 6 years old. I wonder if it’s using an older Codec like H.262, though that’s really old.
    Last edited by gamevet; 17 Mar 2020 at 05:38 PM.

4. H264 and AVC have been around since like 2003. Even a 6 year old copy of Vegas would have it. You have to pick it when you decide how to render out the file though, going beyond just picking avi or mp4. Much like mkv those are just containers and can use a variety of codecs, some good and some shitty. Plus the settings you use, some one using the wrong settings can even make h264 look like shit.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    H264 and AVC have been around since like 2003. Even a 6 year old copy of Vegas would have it. You have to pick it when you decide how to render out the file though, going beyond just picking avi or mp4. Much like mkv those are just containers and can use a variety of codecs, some good and some shitty. Plus the settings you use, some one using the wrong settings can even make h264 look like shit.
    I know, but I don't see MPEG-4 H.264 codec in my options, but I do see H.262 MPEG-2. The rest are Sony AVC, Widows Media 11, HDV and old ass Quick Time 7. It's actually 9 years old. It's Vegas Movie Studio 11. I think it's time for an upgrade.

Yeah, I do set my media resolution and frames in a seperate options area.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. If I ever decide to build a new PC, I want Gamevet to do it!

Years ago in the early 90s I could build a decent tower but I let myself slack over the years when it came to new tech so I'm totally lost these days. Hell I even had to look up what the fuck a Teraflop was.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. It's only gotten easier since then, really.

8. I've got a friend that has been talking about building a PC for a couple of months now. I threw together a shopping list of parts from MicroCenter for an R7 2700X build with an RX 580 for just around $700. He's still dragin' his feet.

It's funny, back in the late 90's people started talking about a TeraByte of storage. I'd thought that I'd never need that much storage space on a PC. Now, my boot drive alone is a 1 TB M.2 NVME drive.
    Last edited by gamevet; 17 Mar 2020 at 09:23 PM.

9. yeah see that shit just scares me lol
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. I know dick about hardware, is that $700 job you designed for your friend pretty good for modern gaming? I really need a new tower and I've had more than one person tell me it's not that difficult to put together your own PC these days. I may have to get some advice from yo ass.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 18 Mar 2020 at 07:56 AM.