Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally visited the National Videogame Museum.

1. I finally visited the National Videogame Museum.

There was a lot of cool stuff to see, including a boxed Halcyon system with it games. Sadly, I didn't put that small part into the video. There's also a full-size retro arcade at the end, but when I thought I was recording it, it turned out that I hit the stop button instead.

*Edit* Here's the updated video.

Last edited by gamevet; 17 Mar 2020 at 10:08 PM.

A fine time to go to a museum.

3. We visited it back on February 18th. I finally got around to making the video.

4. Did they make the video Sega Saturn FMV quality for extra retro-cred?

5. Neat place. I may have to check it out in 10 years when it's safe to go outside again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Did they make the video Sega Saturn FMV quality for extra retro-cred?
    Yeah, was this filmed on a late 1990's cell phone or what?

Seriously though, what software did you use to edit this? Looks like you have some compression issues.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. It’s youtube. The video looks better, before youtube gets ahold of it.

I edited it with Sony Vegas. I could have rendered it in 1440p/60i, but who wants interlaced? It also got an error doing that for renders, so I opted for 1080p/60.

The filming was done with an iPhone X.

7. Some video formats upload better to YouTube than others. Did you use MP4?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Yes, it was MP4. I might have to try a different render, like Avi. *Edit* I just checked my phone’s video settings. It’s set to 1080p/30. I might have to render the video at 30fps, instead of 60. Still, the compression squares aren’t showing up in my final rendered video, like they are on YouTube.

I’ve taken direct Shadow Play recordings @1440p/60 and still, youtube compresses the shit out of it.
    Last edited by gamevet; 16 Mar 2020 at 02:48 PM.

9. Yeah, any video I've uploaded to YouTube as been AVI, and it works better, for me at least. Straight MP4 tends to cause compression issues, especially when the camera is moving (as in your video).

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Still, the compression squares aren’t showing up in my final rendered video, like they are on YouTube.
    That's because YouTube is further compressing your video when you upload it. That's why I prefer AVI, as it's a less lossy format.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 16 Mar 2020 at 04:44 PM.

10. Yeah, that’s what I’d said earlier. YouTube is compressing the video and it’s getting artifacts.