Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Direct (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I tried! But I found accomplishing the goals the game gave you ended up being an exercise in finicky AI loops and frustration, more often than not.
    I didn't even get that far. For me the game just looked...... boring.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Untitled Goose Game is pretty brilliant. From my perspective it's basically an interactive story. If you don't enjoy the gags then finishing it probably won't help, but I feel like the story is better than 99% of games. I'm not sure if it's worth something like $20 though, I played it thru Game Pass so price wasn't a factor for me. I think its one of the better games I've played in the last decade though.

3. Price is really the thing.

Like Goof Job! looks like a fine enough evening, but it costs too much for what it looks to be.

4. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Fuck stupid ass animal crossing. Where the fuck is Metroid, BotW2 and Bayonetta 3? This direct sure the hell wasnt directed at me. What a bunch of lame shit.
    Rumor and speculation is one or more of those and/or other as-yet-unknown big crowd-pleaser games were supposed to feature in this Direct, but Nintendo decided to save them for later since they can't be confident as to what they'll actually be able to release this year, due to the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Metroid is restarting from scratch, I'd be surprised if they had anything if value to show already.

6. I haven't really enjoyed a Metroid game since Zero Mission. I'm not keeping my hopes up.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I haven't really enjoyed a Metroid game since Zero Mission. I'm not keeping my hopes up.
    The Metroid Prime games on the Gamecube were fucking amazing.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. I struggled with the control on those games. I haven't gotten around to MP3 on the Wii yet. I was going to finish Other M first.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I haven't really enjoyed a Metroid game since Zero Mission. I'm not keeping my hopes up.
    This. Screw the Prime games.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Word is we aren't getting a big E3 summer Direct, or any Directs, for the foreseeable future because producing them on a work-from-home basis is too onerous. So instead we're just going to get surprise trailer drops like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids