Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. I’m curious on some stuff but nothing I want to run out and buy a PS5 for. I think it’s more my problem. My enthusiasm for games isn’t what it was maybe. Or maybe it’s just the lack of the wow factor lately. Xbox needs to rock my face in next months first party reveal.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 11 Jun 2020 at 10:54 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. This game engine developer breaks down the power of the PS5. MS could be way behind the curve.

3. That road to PS5 video is actually really interesting. It sounds like they've done a lot of work to get each component working well in tandem. The HRTF audio in particular is pretty wild.

4. Demons Soul remake, that is the only game that I am interested in.

I am shocked that GT7's shadow looks that bad. Maybe it is just the video/stream.

5. It's nice to see real differentiation in consoles again. It's surprising, too, when you consider that both next gen consoles are built on the same architecture, just like the current gen consoles are both built on Jaguar.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Spider-Man this early is exciting and surprising. I suspect it will be a cross-gen release, though, because it had a little "Captured on PS5" thing to it, where other PS Exclusive titles didn't, so I think PS4/PS5 makes sense. Hopefully on one SKU.
    Apparently it's considered a stand-alone expansion rather than a full sequel, like Infamous: First Light, so if it is cross-gen it could just be released as DLC for the PS4 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Apparently it's considered a stand-alone expansion rather than a full sequel, like Infamous: First Light, so if it is cross-gen it could just be released as DLC for the PS4 version.
    I think it's sort of in-between. It's been in development for two full years, and it seems to have a number of enhancements, so I'm thinking maybe more like Far Cry 5 -> New Dawn or something. A tick-tock cadence with a BIG NEW game and a smaller (but still "full length" ish) side game leveraging assets from the big game.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 12 Jun 2020 at 03:42 PM.

8. I like the “black Space Invader“ look of the controller.

9. November 12th 2020
    399 for the discless.

Best looking game is Dark Souls which didn't have a release date in the trailer.

EDIT: Turns out it's a launch title.

Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
    Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – $69.99
    Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – $69.99
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – $49.99
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition – $69.99
    Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – $59.99

There is also confirmation that Sackboy, Miles Morales and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be released on PS4.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 16 Sep 2020 at 06:16 PM.

10. $70?!