Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. I guess Rockstar paid for that video to be made with that ad at the very start, but that was a ton of cool games on display. Deathloop looks fucking awesome. That weird demolishine durby 2045 game, Ratchet and Clank had a crazy amount of stuff on screen at once, the brilliant reveal of 8.

There are a ton of sword, bow and arrow games too.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 11 Jun 2020 at 05:33 PM.

2. Pretty meh overall. Lots of 2021 games. I have a feeling this thing isn’t launching until the end of December.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. I understand why it exists, but it's ultimately not worth giving up the option of buying cheap physical games unless that all digital version comes with a substantial discount.

4. For those of you too lazy to check elsewhere.

6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. This wasn't bad but also felt overwhelmingly... inessential.

Spider-Man this early is exciting and surprising. I suspect it will be a cross-gen release, though, because it had a little "Captured on PS5" thing to it, where other PS Exclusive titles didn't, so I think PS4/PS5 makes sense. Hopefully on one SKU.

Most of this stuff didn't feel miles ahead of where we're at right now. Horizon looks incredible, and offers a glimpse of what real next gen would be like. Ratchet and Clank is also clearly pushing next gen graphics. But it isn't like the leap we saw with past gens.

Obviously I'll get it sooner or later.

6. Honestly nothing got me really excited. Everything just has a been there done that feel.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. Console looks gross. GROSS.

The games they showed are fine. As someone who was already going to buy a PS5 it's nice to see a Ratchet & Clank game coming since I love the series and a new HZD since the original was great.

What I didn't see, at all, was that game or experience that draws in new consumers or people who skipped PS4. Which is fine, Sony doesn't need to reinvent the wheel, but they sure we're acting a few weeks back like that's exactly what they were going to do.

8. I think we may need to come to terms with the fact that we will probably never again see the kinds of graphical leaps we did in past gens. They will only continue to get smaller and smaller as games approach cgi quality.

9. The only thing that even remotely interested me was the Dark Souls remake. That lineup is all kinds of "meh," and the whole backward compatibility shuffle means this is another generation of consoles that I ignore for at least a year or two.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The only thing that even remotely interested me was the Dark Souls remake. That lineup is all kinds of "meh," and the whole backward compatibility shuffle means this is another generation of consoles that I ignore for at least a year or two.
    I'm interested in the next Horizon title.