Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. And to make sure you didn't get a brick. It is a launch, after all.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Godfall does looks like "average launch title with no substance but enough updated visual power and little enough competition to do well" of this generation.
    This is an accurate description. It's playable, and fun in short bursts, but does nothing new. If it wasn't such a shallow launch lineup, I probably would've passed on it. Spiderman: Miles Morales is obviously the best launch title on PS5, but I played Spiderman on PS4 to death, so I'm a bit worn out on Spiderman games at the moment.

3. Miles Morales do look good but Demon's Soul remake is the best launch game ever.

4. Honestly, I keep forgetting about Demon's Soul. Is there any possibility that I would like that game if I didn't like Bloodborne? Or, is this entire Souls like genre lost on me?

5. It is more like Dark Souls than BB. Heck, it is a predecessor of DS so basically DS makes it more player friendly. I remember Icarus complained about how hard Demon's Soul was when he imported it. It is still incredibly difficult, but a bit easier now that we are conditioned by FROM.

6. That's an interesting way to think about Demon's Soul. It probably is a bit simpler, due to the fact that it was released prior to the other games. I'll give it a shot once I can rent it from somewhere. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

7. Bumping this thread just so we can find it when anyone actually gets on of these fucking unicorn systems.

8. It is really stupid how Sony trickles out these systems so for the most part, scalpers are the ones benefiting.

Sony should just withhold inventory for a month or two and then just flood the market Costco style.

9. It probably takes a month, just for the boat to get here. It's almost like you can time when the shipments come in, because you'll see a product for a week or 2, then it won't be on shelves again for another month. Take the Switch, for instance; I saw it on shelves in multiple Walmarts last week, and now all that is left is the Switch Lite. I'm betting that around June 21st, we'll see Switches on shelves again, then around June 25th the inventory will start becoming scarce.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 May 2021 at 11:04 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Bumping this thread just so we can find it when anyone actually gets on of these fucking unicorn systems.
    I have one now. Brother found it at a store on the base on the random chance. Bought it for me on the spot.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL