Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5 (Official Thread)

1. Nintendo DS

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Also I have to say that I'm a bit conflicted in how I feel about the design of the PS5. I appreciate they didn't just make it another black/grey box that goes under the TV. But at the same time the actual form factor they chose is so dorky I am kind of hating the look they ended up going with.
    I think how the console runs is fine but the design is fucking ass. I can't look at it without thinking it's missing the antennas on the side for my server hub.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. It can lay on its side, though I do wonder if that affects the cooling.

Modern Vintage Gamer does a great review of his experience with the console. I'm liking the improvements to performance it adds to some PS4 games. But, I think I need to wait until they have a revision 2 model.

3. Might not have a choice but to wait for a model 2, these things are ghosts. I think this is hands down the least available on PS or Xbox has been at launch. Retailers like Costco don't even carry them and I got a PS4 on launch day just walking into a Costco.

4. I got mine from Walmart, Fedex just dropped it off and hours later I got the shipping confirmation.

I haven't opened it yet, probably will next week when I am off.

5. The child in me would be so anxious to hook it up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB0852B3-D5B2-4DD3-95C0-7BA8CBC4F84A.gif 
Views:	234 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	81881  

6. Astro's Playroom is a fantastic game, and a great showcase for the Dual Sense controller. My entire family had a blast playing it, even the non gamers in the family. It's a better game than Sackboy's Big Adventure as well, which makes me feel kind of silly for spending $60 on that game now.

Godfall is a hell of a fun, shallow ass game too. IGN's review compares it to the sort of disposable entertainment you get out of Ryse: Son of Rome, and I'd say that's an accurate assessment.

The best game of the next gen launch though, across both systems, is Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Holy shit, is that game good! I never even warmed up to any of the other Yakuza games, but the JRPG style really suits this series.

7. Godfall looks awful. Generic to the max. The only game I want to play is Demon's Soul.

8. Godfall does looks like "average launch title with no substance but enough updated visual power and little enough competition to do well" of this generation.

9. So it's this generation's Blood Wake?

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I got mine from Walmart, Fedex just dropped it off and hours later I got the shipping confirmation.

I haven't opened it yet, probably will next week when I am off.
    You might want to set it up now to get it all updated so you're ready to play later on.