Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Shodown 4 (Official Thread)

1. It's coming to Steam the following week as well, but this might be the freebie that gets me to sign up for EGS.

2. So where is TNL gonna Samurai? Is anyone gonna buy Samurai 2019 on the Epic store since It's not gonna come out on Steam? Or do you all just want to kick it with the collection on Epic for free?

3. I'll be getting the collection, but not the new game.

I signed up for EGS and grabbed the free Borderlands thing. I then tried to find "samurai shodown" from their search and got 0 results. I had to use a search engine just to find the store page. I then received a coupon from EGS for $14, but it can only be used on games priced at $20.99 or more, and the price after discount can be no less than $14.99. What???

It's no wonder they need to buy exclusivity deals and give away free shit in order to get customers. The whole thing is jank.

4. Yeah I dont like the store at all. I haven't paid for anything there yet, just picked up the freebies that they've offered.

5. It's Shodown day on the Epic game store. Downloading now!

6. I'm going to jump on after the sony thing.

7. i'm watching the Sony thing too

8. I played one online match in SS1 and it was not great. The game stuttered a lot, and I don't think it was using rollback at all.
    Apparently it's not just me. They didn't get Code Mystics(they did the excellent Steam ports of Garou and Samurai Shodown V Special) to do this one, and I guess the netcode is trash.
    It's not a bad collection otherwise, but not having decent online is inexcusable at this point. These games have had fantastic netcode for years on homebrew services.
    Last edited by kedawa; 11 Jun 2020 at 06:13 PM.

9. Yeah I am not crazy about EGS, but I do cash in my freebies most weeks and I have a handful of exclusives I bought on deep discount like Control and Metro.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I played one online match in SS1 and it was not great. The game stuttered a lot, and I don't think it was using rollback at all.
    Apparently it's not just me. They didn't get Code Mystics(they did the excellent Steam ports of Garou and Samurai Shodown V Special) to do this one, and I guess the netcode is trash.
    It's not a bad collection otherwise, but not having decent online is inexcusable at this point. These games have had fantastic netcode for years on homebrew services.
    In the same boat. Most of my connections have been dropped and when I do connect, it is stuttering hot garbage. Glad I didn't pay for this. Maybe I'll buy Code Mystics Sam Sho 5 special port on Steam. Maybe people are playing it there.