Thread: Snowrunner

1. Snowrunner

I don't know if I've gotten old and slow or am just in the mood for something different, but I've been playing Snowrunner pretty constantly for the last two weeks. Mudrunner/Spintires was always a cool idea in search of a game and in Snowrunner I think they found enough to make it work. Drive over maps connected by "roads" that are laughably terrible even by the standards of ATV off-roading, muscling the truck through mud pits and snowfields that have simply don't want you there, and then do it again carrying a heavy load of freight. I wish I could explain properly why it's so satisfying but I keep heading back for a new objective or two, slowly opening up the world and getting more and bigger trucks to handle it with, plus upgrades. It's weirdly fun stuff.

2. I've seen ads for the game on Youtube and television. It sort of reminds me of something like Farming Simulator, where you get to haul around stuff using heavy equipment. It'd be interesting for an afternoon play or something, but I doubt I could get into it enough to sink in more that a few hours of play.

3. Normally I'd agree with you, but my hours on the clock tell a different story.

4. Had to hit The Youtube to find out what you were talking about.

I feel like this game could be quite meditative if you find your groove with it. Presentation looks quite nice as well.