Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Engine 5 (Demo Running on Playstation 5)

1. Unreal Engine 5 (Demo Running on Playstation 5)

Most of the stuff they have shown for the next-gen consoles hasn't been very impressive. This is.

look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Next gen will have the best rocks.
    Seriously, though, I'm not going to miss the LOD wonkiness and inexplicably bad textures that still pop up in current gen games.

3. This is really going to be the generation we look back on as the first where console vs PC started to not matter much.

4. You can have all the power in the world but most studios will still rush games out that are optimized like dogshit so it won’t matter.

This looks fucking fantastic though.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. It's an engine written for SSD storage. You'll no longer have games that are massive files, because they sometimes double the same data to shorten seek times on an HDD. There will be no more texture pop up, because the data files will stream seamlessly into memory.

We have a PS5 thread, btw.
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 May 2020 at 07:31 PM.

6. This looks fucking nice....
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. The lighting looks incredible. I might need to get a 4k TV soon.

8. Really promising stuff. I wonder how fast devs will switch to it and get up to speed. Netherealm has been using UE 3 since Mortal Kombat 9.

9. I was just telling a coworker some developers haven't even been using UE4 yet.. lol. Anyway UE5 is coming out in 2021.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Even the PC community experts have had to eat a large slice of humble pie. What Sony is doing here is revolutionary for gaming and it could take awhile for PC to catch up.