Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

1. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

I can't believe it's been 6 years since Sucker Punch released a game.

Both the Sly Trilogy and the Infamous games were really well done, and I think they've pretty much cemented themselves behind Naughty Dog and Insomniac as one of the premier Playstation devs. This game looks like hands down the best shit they've ever made. I'm super down for a Sekiro/Nioh looking game without it being a Souls-like.

2. Decided to download this last night after reading some of the positive impressions.

I like it so far, but it's been a long time since an open world like this has held my interest beyond the first couple of hours. It's not Sekiro, but it's not trying to be. More of a Sekiro-lite. The UI is really, really nice. As long as the side missions remain interesting, I could see playing this through to the end.

I bumped the difficulty up to Hard. Only difference that seems to make is with the amount of health that enemy attacks do. But it does make enemy encounters feel more tense, because you have to play well to earn Resolve to heal and use skills.

The samurai movie pretensions are a bit much.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. I'm loving this. It makes TLOU2 look like a massive turd. I'm seriously tempted to start over in Kurosawa mode.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I'm seriously tempted to start over in Kurosawa mode.
    Can you switch back and forth from Kurosawa mode at any time?

I'm interested in checking this game out but I gotta play through Spider-Man and Jedi Fallen Order first. I never keep up with me games!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bryce View Post
    Can you switch back and forth from Kurosawa mode at any time?

I'm interested in checking this game out but I gotta play through Spider-Man and Jedi Fallen Order first. I never keep up with me games!
    I'm not certain. I'll have to check when I get home from work. Everything is so damn beautiful though, it's almost a shame to miss out on all that color.

6. This game is stellar, and long. In a way it's basically the Assassins Creed Japan game that they insisted could never be made. But no tower climbing. OK actually there is tower climbing, but it's not the same. And yes you can switch between Kurasawa and normal.

7. This is a lot more fun to me if you play it like Tenchu.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    This is a lot more fun to me if you play it like Tenchu.
    I agree with this. The combat gets repetitive pretty fast, but the stealth is actually quite fun notwithstanding the dumb AI.

Stealth in, climb up to a rooftop, dash from ledge to ledge, jump to assassinate -> chain assassinate -> drop smoke bomb = 5 or 6 dead dudes in seconds.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Oh there is definite Tenchu in this game. I'm just saving that for the second play through.

10. I want a game like this but w Bushido Blade combat. The stances are kind of like that.