Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massive Nintendo "Gigaleak" exposes decades of history and secrets

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    This part, except for Link's Awakening DX.
    Source code, though, not ROMs. This is not stuff that was on the SNES Mini, which has already been hacked to hell and back.

2. I believe that Mario 64 was going to have split-screen coop at some point, probably where that Luigi is from.

3. Man this is cool as hell. Thanks for posting this frog!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. This is pretty cool to see.

5. A second leak happened over the weekend with a lot of N64 assets and source code. People think more is coming. These appear to be from a hack from a couple years ago that included two TERABYTES of Nintendo dev archives, so there could be a lot more, but they're not coming direct from the hacker, who is in jail for an unrelated hack, so who knows how much of the original data the leaker has.

6. Dork-Yoshi is kind of amazing in how incredibly wrong it is.

7. I think my favorite thing to come out of this whole thing is an uncompressed Wario Land 4 soundtrack. It's still MIDI based, it's not like there are source vocals for the vocal tracks, but it's great to hear a clean version without the awful compression static.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xhsr9oS3ZEjcKf

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think my favorite thing to come out of this whole thing is an uncompressed Wario Land 4 soundtrack. It's still MIDI based, it's not like there are source vocals for the vocal tracks, but it's great to hear a clean version without the awful compression static.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xhsr9oS3ZEjcKf
    Yeah I love this. I'd love to hear more of this shit uncompressed.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL