Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 294

Thread: The Biden Presidency

  1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    So you're calling Trump a manic and yet you're ignoring that Biden said Antifa is just "An Idea" and literally wouldn't name them or condemn for the violence?

    Also why didn't Joe answer the question about if he was going to Pack the courts? Instead of answering he just looks at the screen telling people to vote.

    The fuck? lol

    People already did vote. Joe is so full of shit and Trump is a loudmouth asshole. I know you're slightly on the TDS side which is fine but you can't ignore the bullshit Joe is saying just because you hate Trump.
    Trump acted like a maniac and Biden kept his cool. If you think debates are about policy substance, I invite you to join me in the real world sometime.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Trump acted like a maniac and Biden kept his cool. If you think debates are about policy substance, I invite you to join me in the real world sometime.
    Nobody believes this. Joe was lying about so much crap. When you decide to actually join the real world sir let me know. Ignoring what Joe was saying isn't how you're going to win this. You're deflecting as much as he is right now.

    Seriously, "An idea" doesn't cause billions in damage to Democrat controlled cities across the country. The whole "muh white supremecy" BS lie is just a deflection from Biden looking like an idiot on stage last night, even with Chris Wallace clearly running interference for him.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 30 Sep 2020 at 03:15 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  3. Trump interrupted more, but Biden interrupted too.

    Biden: "Shut up" "Liar" "Racist" isn't really appropriate for Presidential debates, either, FWIW.

    But, I'll agree with Frog - Trump played into Biden's hands with the manner of debating. It was a shitshow, but a shitshow that Biden won.

    And, I'll agree with Bonus, too - Biden is a lying sack of shit that's on both sides of any issue depending on who he's talking to. That being said, he performed a whole lot better than I thought he would and that's another thing Trump shit the bed on - he should've let Biden speak because speaking is what gets Biden in trouble in the first place.

    Fuck both of these candidates. This is terrible.

  4. Trump also talked so much shit about how Biden had dementia or whatever that I think he set the bar real low, and so Biden just had to show up and phone in a mediocre but coherent performance, which is what he did.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Nobody believes this. Joe was lying about so much crap. When you decide to actually join the real world sir let me know. Ignoring what Joe was saying isn't how you're going to win this. You're deflecting as much as he is right now.

    Seriously, "An idea" doesn't cause billions in damage to Democrat controlled cities across the country. The whole "muh white supremecy" BS lie is just a deflection from Biden looking like an idiot on stage last night, even with Chris Wallace clearly running interference for him.
    Biden condemned left wing protest violence and said they should be prosecuted.

    He said Antifa is an idea, not an organization, which is absolutely correct. Antifa is a not even a loose confederation of organizations, it's a concept; a brand, and ideology, employed by countless unaffiliated individuals and small groups with no central leadership or structure. That doesn't mean it's not real. That doesn't mean it can't be condemned. But it is not organized on any kind of large scale. Those are just the facts.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 30 Sep 2020 at 06:30 PM.

  6. Moderator bias is complete nonsense. Trump had one goal, dominate every moment to keep it from becoming a debate. If Wallace didn't interrupt everytime he did, even less would have been accomplished. Biden had to interupt or everyone would have thought he was hiding or weak so some goofy shit like that. It's not even close how many moer times Trump steamrolled someone else talking. Wallace had to coddle Trump multple times to get him to stop rambling and interrupting every answer. "You're going to like this question Mr. President." He has to talk to this old man like a child to keep him from throwing tantrums and keep his attention.

    White supremacy bullshit? Last night Trump had a wide open opportunity to denounce white supremacy, by actually being given the stage to do so, and he did the opposite. He straight up gave a command to the Proud Boys. "Stand down and stand by." Which, if you haven't seen, the online Proud Boys leadership gleeful picked up like a baton in a relay race. Nothing has changed since Charlottesville.

    And he's urging his fans to go out and poll watch on election day. Good old fashioned voter intimidation. And don't think that's what he wants and what it will absolutely turn into. It's an old, filthy trick. The National Ballot Security Task Force in 1981 won the GOP a 40 year ban (great timing that it expired) from using voter intimidation tactics.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post

    White supremacy bullshit? Last night Trump had a wide open opportunity to denounce white supremacy, by actually being given the stage to do so, and he did the opposite. He straight up gave a command to the Proud Boys. "Stand down and stand by." Which, if you haven't seen, the online Proud Boys leadership gleeful picked up like a baton in a relay race. Nothing has changed since Charlottesville.

    And he's urging his fans to go out and poll watch on election day. Good old fashioned voter intimidation. And don't think that's what he wants and what it will absolutely turn into. It's an old, filthy trick. The National Ballot Security Task Force in 1981 won the GOP a 40 year ban (great timing that it expired) from using voter intimidation tactics.
    Trump has denounced white supremacy multiple times - were I him, I would've been insulted by the question. It would be like asking Biden to denounce BLM's violent side. It's so obvious that it's dumb. Trump didn't even know who the Proud Boys were (according to him) and, if you listen closely, when Wallace asked if he's willing to denounce he said "sure" but then went off on a tangent on the left. "Sure, I'm willing to do that. But I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing, not the right-wing. I am willing to do anything. I want to see peace.”

    Just last week the KKK was designated a terrorist organization by the WH. White supremacy much?

    The white supremacy narrative is a Democratic talking point to make all Republicans sound racist - which is an election tactic they use every fucking election year and it's getting old. Is white supremacy even a huge issue in the United States? I'm not sure I've ever met one in 53 years of living here.

    The debate was a disaster between interruptions, lies, name-calling, etc... and both sides were guilty of it. There wasn't any meat to it pretty much zilch on issues because the questions were so hideous and the candidates acted like school children.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    It would be like asking Biden to denounce BLM's violent side.
    Which Biden did, an hour earlier in the debate, without being asked or pressured, a half hour into the debate:

    "These cops aren’t happy to see what happened to George Floyd. These cops aren’t happy to see what happened to Breonna Taylor. Most don’t like it, but we have to have a system where people are held accountable when… And by the way, violence in response is never appropriate, never appropriate. Peaceful protest is, violence is never appropriate."

    You want to know why they keep asking Trump about horrible people who endorse him? Because they know if they do, he'll fuck it up and they'll get a moment out of it. Trump's narcissism makes it difficult for him to disavow people who have said nice things about him. Doesn't matter if it's Ghislane Maxwell or David Duke. They knew he has trouble with this and so they set him up to run into walls.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 01 Oct 2020 at 09:47 AM.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Which Biden did, an hour earlier in the debate, without being asked or pressured, a half hour into the debate:

    "These cops aren’t happy to see what happened to George Floyd. These cops aren’t happy to see what happened to Breonna Taylor. Most don’t like it, but we have to have a system where people are held accountable when… And by the way, violence in response is never appropriate, never appropriate. Peaceful protest is, violence is never appropriate."
    I don't see any reference there to BLM at all. Trump has also generically condemned the violence. Big whoop.

    This same moderator asked Trump this same question during the 2016 Republican primary debate and was answered definitively.

    In 2017: "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America…No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans. Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

    The question has been answered, many times, even directly to THIS moderator. I think I would've been pissed, too. It wasn't meant to be informative, it was meant to further stir things up and hope for a gotcha.

    I don't think Trump is a racist. I don't think Biden is a racist. I think each of them say unfortunate things. Can you imagine Trump saying: "Well, if you don't vote for me, then you ain't white"? and the shitstorm that would ensue? Biden gets a pass. Trump would get 24/7 analysis by dozens of talking heads on CNN.

    Honestly, though, I'm just so sick of all of it from all sides. The over the top rhetoric, the shouting and intolerance of differing viewpoints, the two parties always being opposite and never, or hardly ever, coming together for the sake of the American people, etc.... This system needs to change because it no longer represents the people that put them there.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I don't see any reference there to BLM at all.
    Oh yeah, could be some other movement responding to the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo