Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 293

Thread: The Biden Presidency

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Oh yeah, could be some other movement responding to the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.
    I don't think BLM is responsible for all of the violence. Do you? I only mention that because Wallace chose to get specific ("Proud Boys" - which is actually led by man of Cuban descent) and did not with Biden. I mean, Wallace is a registered Democrat so something like this really shouldn't shock, well, anyone at this point.

    https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...706472960?s=20

    But, yeah, let's ask again because we're really not sure. Like I said, if I were Trump that question would've pissed me off too.
    Last edited by haohmaru; 01 Oct 2020 at 04:57 PM.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Is white supremacy even a huge issue in the United States?
    Yes. Our own intelligence agencies have been saying for years that white supremacy groups are growing in number and are the greatest domestic threat. Large scale murder plots have been stopped because these guys scare the shit out of the people around them and tip of the feds that shit is being planned.

    Trump isn't doing enough to curb these groups, some shit he said from 2016 is irrelevant because he constantly goads them on national TV since then. It's at its worst now. He isn't joking, it isn't funny. He is not misspeaking. He's doing it on purpose. He absolutely knows who the Proud Boys are. He watches the news all god damn day long. He wants chaos so he can use it to his advantage. These groups are LISTENING to him and are mobilizing based on his fear-mongering. The leadership publicly says they are listening and ready for more signals. The Proud Boys started their new "Stand down and stand by" merchandise the day after he said it. It's dangerous.

    The KKK ain't the only game in town. They're just the oldest. Look up Stewart Rhodes and the Oath Keepers to see what they're doing, for example. You might not be their target in the 53 years of living here and there are plenty of people who are and it's scary as fuck for them. Militias are recruiting cops, veterans, and those still serving in the military and they are all armed with an eye on election day. This is not rhetoric.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I don't think BLM is responsible for all of the violence. Do you?
    I meant it in the sense that all of the protests have been centered around BLM as a cause, not like... Members of "BLM" organizations.

    I only mention that because Wallace chose to get specific ("Proud Boys" - which is actually led by man of Cuban descent) and did not with Biden. I mean, Wallace is a registered Democrat so something like this really shouldn't shock, well, anyone at this point.
    Wallace didn't mention Proud Boys.


    But, yeah, let's ask again because we're really not sure. Like I said, if I were Trump that question would've pissed me off too.
    Yeah but hopefully you don't run headfirst into walls when you get pissed.

  4. So...guess who caught the rona... The Cheeto in Chief.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

    Wallace didn't mention Proud Boys.
    You're right. Biden did.

  6. TGIF

  7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    You're right. Biden did.
    Accurate, though this was not at all clear in some broadcasts, including the one I watched. They were all talking over each other, and the ones that had Trump as the focus it's very hard to hear.

  8. So it looks like Trump has the rona, which means no rallies or campaigning (or probably debates) for the next 2-3 weeks most likely. Not an ideal position when you're down 8.5 in the polls. The potential for a Biden landslide just went way up.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    So it looks like Trump has the rona, which means no rallies or campaigning (or probably debates) for the next 2-3 weeks most likely. Not an ideal position when you're down 8.5 in the polls. The potential for a Biden landslide just went way up.
    I think Biden will win the election but I'm not sure if this will hurt or help Trump. If he beats it, it'll be a pretty positive message. I hear it's ~10 days, not 2-3 weeks.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Yes. Our own intelligence agencies have been saying for years that white supremacy groups are growing in number and are the greatest domestic threat. Large scale murder plots have been stopped because these guys scare the shit out of the people around them and tip of the feds that shit is being planned.

    Trump isn't doing enough to curb these groups, some shit he said from 2016 is irrelevant because he constantly goads them on national TV since then. It's at its worst now. He isn't joking, it isn't funny. He is not misspeaking. He's doing it on purpose. He absolutely knows who the Proud Boys are. He watches the news all god damn day long. He wants chaos so he can use it to his advantage. These groups are LISTENING to him and are mobilizing based on his fear-mongering. The leadership publicly says they are listening and ready for more signals. The Proud Boys started their new "Stand down and stand by" merchandise the day after he said it. It's dangerous.

    The KKK ain't the only game in town. They're just the oldest. Look up Stewart Rhodes and the Oath Keepers to see what they're doing, for example. You might not be their target in the 53 years of living here and there are plenty of people who are and it's scary as fuck for them. Militias are recruiting cops, veterans, and those still serving in the military and they are all armed with an eye on election day. This is not rhetoric.
    "Far Right" terrorist incidents leading to death since 9/11(19 years ago) in United States number around 114. That's ~6 deaths, per year, in a country of 330 million which is statistically insignificant. More than any other group, though, to be fair.

    "First, right-wing terrorism refers to the use or threat of violence by sub-national or non-state entities whose goals may include racial or ethnic supremacy; opposition to government authority; anger at women, including from the incel (“involuntary celibate”) movement; and outrage against certain policies, such as abortion.6 This analysis uses the term “right-wing terrorism” rather than “racially- and ethnically-motivated violent extremism,” or REMVE, which is used by some in the U.S. government.7 Second, left-wing terrorism involves the use or threat of violence by sub-national or non-state entities that oppose capitalism, imperialism, and colonialism; pursue environmental or animal rights issues; espouse pro-communist or pro-socialist beliefs; or support a decentralized social and political system such as anarchism."

    So, "opposition to government authority" is right wing extremism? Interesting. "Pursue environmental or animal rights issues" is left wing extremism? Also interesting.

    As far as Trump - neither you nor I know his intent nor do you have any freaking clue what he does all day. I'm sure it's not watching TV - he's got a country to run.I'll take him at his word that he never knew what a bunch of yahoos who, as of 2018, had a whole 160 members, and their chairman is of Cuban descent. For Biden, they're "gaffes", for Trump, they're a call to arms. He's denounced "white supremecy" multilple times over the years and has done so specifically, clearly, and concisely. Nothing that he has said or done, to me, indicates support for these nut jobs. Policy, speeches, or other. We can agree to disagree. I'm not calling Biden a racist despite some things that he's said and done that would indicate that he's got racist tendencies ("you ain't black", "predators", "racial jungle", 1994 crime bill, "poor kids / white kids", etc..). I don't think the guy is a racist. I don't think Trump is either. You're entitled to your opinion.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo