Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 223234353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    People are sick of shitty and expensive healthcare. Let's hope they fix it.
    We'll get another watered-down Obamacare clone that fixes almost nothing. I hate it. Like, hearing aids will not "fix" my ears but they'll help out a lot. But I don't have the money for them and insurance doesn't cover them. So no hearing aids for me. I can't imagine what it would be like to just get the stuff we need – diabetes meds, glasses, wheelchairs, ovulation supplies, you name it – and not have that be the, "What other essential thing do I sacrifice to get this?"

But anyway, the people responsible for 1/6 are organizing more of the same for 1/20 in state capitols and DC. It's out there for people to view, whether you have a Parler account or are looking at screenshots from those accounts. I expect there to be no action taken and a similar, "We had no evidence beforehand!" explanation. I sincerely hope I'm overreacting here.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Agreed. And people wanted them $2,000 checks as well. I bet if that was up for a vote before the November 2020 elections ol' Mitch would have gone for it.

BUT, Dems have no excuse now! And there is a new PC I've been eyeing...
    Yeah, agree - Mcconnell gumming up that vote was the nail in the coffin.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    We'll get another watered-down Obamacare clone that fixes almost nothing. I hate it. Like, hearing aids will not "fix" my ears but they'll help out a lot. But I don't have the money for them and insurance doesn't cover them. So no hearing aids for me. I can't imagine what it would be like to just get the stuff we need – diabetes meds, glasses, wheelchairs, ovulation supplies, you name it – and not have that be the, "What other essential thing do I sacrifice to get this?"

But anyway, the people responsible for 1/6 are organizing more of the same for 1/20 in state capitols and DC. It's out there for people to view, whether you have a Parler account or are looking at screenshots from those accounts. I expect there to be no action taken and a similar, "We had no evidence beforehand!" explanation. I sincerely hope I'm overreacting here.
    Until Congress isn't beholden to mega corporations and mega Pharma, not much is going to change. Doesn't change the fact that we're, basically, the only modern country in the western world that doesn't have some basic form of healthcare for its citizens. Until our government changes, our healthcare won't. Just look at the all of the politicians who went into office with meager net worths and twenty years later they're somehow multi-millionaires. It's positively corrupt, left, right, or center.

4. Twitter permabans Trump. They warned him, but he's just too stupid to listen. Now his main means of communication with his dim-witted followers is finally gone.

5. Oh, and LOL: https://twitter.com/90sWWE/status/1347621993345114114

Make sure audio is on.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Jan 2021 at 09:14 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Lisa Murkowski has said she wants Trump out. So there is more public support from GOP Senators starting. And from Slate:

Speaking of votes: Possibly worse for Republicans than Murkowski’s impeachment stance was another portion of her Daily News interview in which she said she was open to leaving the party. As Murkowski told the paper: “If the Republican Party has become nothing more than the party of Trump, I sincerely question whether this is the party for me.”

That is going to scare the shit out of some important people. It would give Democrats an actual lead in the Senate.

7. Parler banned from Google store, and it looks like Apple is going to ban it next.

The fallout from Wednesday just keeps on coming. Trump finally found something worse than shooting someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Jan 2021 at 09:22 PM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Lisa Murkowski has said she wants Trump out. So there is more public support from GOP Senators starting. And from Slate:

Speaking of votes: Possibly worse for Republicans than Murkowski’s impeachment stance was another portion of her Daily News interview in which she said she was open to leaving the party. As Murkowski told the paper: “If the Republican Party has become nothing more than the party of Trump, I sincerely question whether this is the party for me.”

That is going to scare the shit out of some important people. It would give Democrats an actual lead in the Senate.
    Here's the play: Since the Democrats now control the Senate, they can set the impeachment trial rules, and so they declare the vote for the removal will be anonymous. I have a feeling if you do that, you have the numbers.

9. Trump tried to circumvent the Twitter ban by tweeting from the @POTUS account, but Twitter immediately deleted the tweets. lol.

10. Did he really think that would work?