Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I can't think of a good reason to watch either one.
    This is the correct answer.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    1,033,495 people watched the CSPAN YouTube coverage of the RNC tonight.
    162,069 people watched the CSPAN Youtube coverage of the DNC in a week. A week.

The Republicans may not win, but they have the most unbiased audience 10 to 1.
    I think people just wanted to see what kind of wacky shit they would put out. They didn't disappoint. The Dems were downright boring compared to the sketch comedy show that was the RNC.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I think people just wanted to see what kind of wacky shit they would put out. They didn't disappoint. The Dems were downright boring compared to the sketch comedy show that was the RNC.
    So.. a bunch of Democrats were watching just to see how bad/crazy it was? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

4. Trump's base has nothing worthwhile to do, so of course they're tuning in for their propaganda fix.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    So.. a bunch of Democrats were watching just to see how bad/crazy it was? Riiiiiiiiiiight.
    People in general, I think. I doubt it was droves of white, suburban housewives. Reality show spectacle doesn't necessarily translate into guaranteed support.

6. It's not just the C-SPAN views, it's the thumbs up.

DNC Night 4 - 2 1/2 days - 2,017,502 views 47K likes 12K dislikes
    RNC Night 4 - 9 1/2 days - 166,580 views 2.8K likes 4.7K dislikes

The DNC tried hard to sell itself to conservatives with all the flag waving, pledge of allegiance, and prayers every night. But it the end, the non true-believers turned off MSNBC to watch CSPAN and preferred the RNC by an order of magnitude.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 29 Aug 2020 at 02:33 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I'm actually amazed how civil people are being. I was waiting for a ton of Orange Man Bad posts along with laced insults & threats at people who didn't agree with the "correct" viewpoints.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. No one watches C-SPAN anyway. I've seen multiple sources, like the WSJ and ABC News, that show the RNC convention had fewer viewers all week and that Trump's speech was actually down from his ratings in 2016. He's been rage tweeting about it all weekend.

9. I really wish we had a different choice than these two idiots.

10. I think you could basically say that in most elections. I’d prefer to at least have an idiot up there that isn’t so flagrant with cronyism and authoritarianism.