Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 253537383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I don't really agree with him being banned. This kinda set a precedent that these big tech companies aren't as neutral as they say they are. There are other people who've done way worse on that shitty platform so yeah. Trump being hammered was just Jack trying to appease a certain group of people from turning their attention on him. These big tech companies need more regulation and they know it's coming.
    It was a risky proposition to censor the most prominent leader of the free world. Now that he’s certifiably ex-President Trump his power wanes in 2 weeks so who cares? Cloak of power gone.

It’s not like he isn’t inciting violence. I think we can all agree there’s pretty immutable evidence of that crime from last week. Ban away w impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think social media is getting too much of the blame when MSNBC started this 15 years ago with Keith Olbermann and Fox News 10 years before that and Rush Limbaugh 5 years before that. You can’t punish any of them though, because they tell their audience what they want to hear so they have their half the country properly groomed.
    I don’t follow Trump on Twitter and barely used Twitter. I still knew of his crazier tweets (still no clue about confefe?). He was in all the media. I found the same 24 hour outrage media incessant while Bush was in office too. Trump just gave them legit content daily.

There will be another Trump candidate. Cruz has already kinda positioned himself in that vein. Pandora’s box was opened when Trump steamrolled the entire GOP back catalog in 2015/6. If you want a shot at power you now have a proven playbook to run w.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 Jan 2021 at 12:05 PM.

2. You think so? Do the masses enjoy this chaos? The US is terribly close to it’s second civil war and both sides want it. War or no war, they will make sure another Trump never happens.

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    (still no clue about confefe?)
    No one does. It was a misspelling or a typo but no one knows what covfefe was intended to be. He deleted the tweet a few hours later and never addressed it.

4. That was meant to be a text. It’s a pet name for something he hasn’t seen in a while. Melania’s vagina.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    The US is terribly close to it’s second civil war and both sides want it.
    There's no Civil War happening....they'll settle back into their McDonald's and Netflix sooner or later. And even if it DID happen, at this point the people on the wrong side of history - Trump supporters - have no chance. If they want to march on tanks with their little AR-15s that's fine by me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    A lot people should have been banned years ago but because they know how to play the game, they weren't.
    I'm overjoyed that Trump has lost all voice on the interwebs, but even I can admit that the two posts that Twitter used as justification for permabanning him were weak. One was some weird shit about "no one should disrespect my followers" and the other merely announced that he would be skipping Biden's inauguration like the crybaby bitch that he is. Again, I don't really care what it took to get him gone, but citing those two tweets was weak when Trump has done 200,000x worse on their platform.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Oh yeah get rid of TikTok also for good measure. lol
    HOLY SHIT YES PLEASE. I thought were were finally free of uber-retardedness with Vine went under.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Sounds a bit petty. Dude lost. He is leaving. Is this going to be trump bitching about obama for 4 years again?

Heaven hath no rage and all that, eh?
    Dude literally incited a riot on the nation's capital, including putting his own Vice-President's life in danger. I'd say that deserves at least a black eye on his record, if not a charge of treason.

What you're saying is like if a dude embezzled money from a company he worked for and got fired. I mean, he's leaving anyway, why be petty and charge him with a crime as well?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. https://twitter.com/donk_enby/status...96132798533632

If you don't remember/know, Parler used to run on a WordPress install. At some point, someone hacked their config file off a still-running development server. That login connected to the real site, even after they migrated from WordPress. And that link was used to create admin/moderation users. So now we've got an archive of its posts – including deleted ones – and especially the ones that were posted adjacent to/during the riots.

This is especially good if Parler half-asses their cloud migration from AWS and either doesn't come back or gets hacked or shut down for good.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    There's no Civil War happening....they'll settle back into their McDonald's and Netflix sooner or later. And even if it DID happen, at this point the people on the wrong side of history - Trump supporters - have no chance. If they want to march on tanks with their little AR-15s that's fine by me, lol.

I'm overjoyed that Trump has lost all voice on the interwebs, but even I can admit that the two posts that Twitter used as justification for permabanning him were weak. One was some weird shit about "no one should disrespect my followers" and the other merely announced that he would be skipping Biden's inauguration like the crybaby bitch that he is. Again, I don't really care what it took to get him gone, but citing those two tweets was weak when Trump has done 200,000x worse on their platform.

HOLY SHIT YES PLEASE. I thought were were finally free of uber-retardedness with Vine went under.

Dude literally incited a riot on the nation's capital, including putting his own Vice-President's life in danger. I'd say that deserves at least a black eye on his record, if not a charge of treason.

What you're saying is like if a dude embezzled money from a company he worked for and got fired. I mean, he's leaving anyway, why be petty and charge him with a crime as well?
    No. I am disputing this trumped up (hey yoooo) treason or sedition or insurrection crap that's going around. I know the DNC sets the tone and the words trickle down, but really? The DNC loves to ramp up fear and make things really dramatic, but it's a bit much.

Anyone who stormed the capital building should be charged and imprisoned. Anyone who hits a cop who dies should be charged with murder. Just as anyone who was tossing Molotovs at a federal building in portlanf should be charged.

Twitter wants to ban donald. Fine. Private company. Private rules.

Nothing is going to come of nancys threats. Everyone knows this. It's trite and petty. Pence isn't going to invoke and trump will not be convicted. Beyond being able to say "only president impeached twice! ( and convicted 0 times)" there is no point. The politics of "hurr durr dey wont vote to make bad orange man leave, they bad too" is too alluring.

Civil war isn't going to be tanks v people. It will be iraq 2003, trucks attacked and this country being ground to a halt in 2 weeks from supply issues. Then, chaos.

Ignore the dude for 10 days. Let him fade into the obscurity he deserves. Start working to help people. Put some fuckin work into the future.

Nancy just isn't going to do that, though. Politics is just the way she does business and the petty meter isn't going to fill itself. People are just a means to that end.

Nothing more.

Maybe she will prove me wrong and do some productive shit for people.

8. People have short memories. A few years ago, Democrats were calling on electoral college voters to forget about the way their state voted and vote for Clinton, were saying Russian interference helped Trump win, were calling for impeachment before Trump even took office, etc...

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...048494080?s=20

Was she impeached? Banned?

Trump is an asshole, but the double standards are absolutely astounding.
    Last edited by haohmaru; 13 Jan 2021 at 06:30 AM.

9. Nintendo GameCube

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    People have short memories. A few years ago, Democrats were calling on electoral college voters to forget about the way their state voted and vote for Clinton, were saying Russian interference helped Trump win, were calling for impeachment before Trump even took office, etc...

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...048494080?s=20

Was she impeached? Banned?

Trump is an asshole, but the double standards are absolutely astounding.
    Straight up Trump is a fucking douche but yeah these double standards is what makes me hate all these politicians.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. It's not the same extremism.

Clinton conceded right away. There was no delay in the transition. The electoral college challenge went nowhere because she conceded and did not support the challenge in Congress. VP Joe Biden rejected every objection on procedural grounds. Citizens were not called on to riot.

The Russians did interfere. It's in the Muller Report.

Voter fraud is an old Trump trick that he's been using since 2016. Even after Trump won(!), he said Hillary cheated by getting 3 million illegal aliens to vote. Meaning he won the electoral and popular vote. He ranted about it so much that a commission was actually made to look into it. The report found nothing and Trump never said a word about it because he, wait for it, made it up.

"Stop the Steal" was started in part by Roger Stone on a 100% lie. He is a criminal and he's started a riot for the GOP before to stop the 2000 recount in FL (Brooks Brothers Riot). The allegations about "ballot stuffing" and "rigging" were brought to court more than 60 times and all but one was thrown out. The one case the Trump Admin won was meaningless because the ballot separation law was already being followed because it was a law. The legal process to challenge the election was followed through and went nowhere because there was nothing there. It is over, there was no widespread fraud as has been officially stated by every single legal department. William Barr even said so, plain as day. Think about that! Continuing to say the election is fraudulent is a demonstratively proven dangerous lie.

Trump and his inner circle are lunatics. He completely misrepresented the phone call with Georgia’s secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger. It was so bad and dangerous that they put out the recording to prove it. Then they did a press conference shooting down every lie. Because people were getting death threats. And it wasn't a private call about a "settlement" for a lawsuit. There were no settlements because every lawsuit got thrown out for baseless claims.

Rudy Giuliani is a threat to United States citizens. He knows what he's doing because he's doing it on purpose.
    Here's how he lies in court and it's turned into election propaganda to radicalize people.

Trump's phone call also shows how the strategy has gone from saying "we have the evidence" to "find fraud for me." Because they have jack shit for evidence.

"Antifa did it" is horseshit. It is a lazy, desperate attempt at a cover-up. This riot is horrific in every single way and Trump and those who set it up have to be held accountable. When the investigation(s) conclude on this, it's going to reveal some heinous shit.