Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. I hope we get 60 mins of Trump questions about Borat and 30 mins of Biden Questions about who'll win the World Series.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I hope we get 60 mins of Trump questions about Borat and 30 mins of Biden Questions about who'll win the World Series.
    Well they've already said they'll be muting shit after 2 minutes. Also I'm sure no question of Joe's corrupt shit he's done will be asked.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Well they've already said they'll be muting shit after 2 minutes.
    This turned out to be a tremendous favor to Trump. It forced him to pretend to be an adult, and ended up making him look a lot better than the screaming tantrum from last time.

Also I'm sure no question of Joe's corrupt shit he's done will be asked.
    Trump did an absolutely terrible job of bringing this up, talking in innuendo and references to shit that is just not on the radar of the public with zero context. It made him sound like a crazy person.

If the Hunter laptop stuff is legit, they're doing a really bad job of giving it credibility, floating little nuggets one at a time to outlets on the fringes, and then letting them disappear. Yesterday they held some press conference for a non-story about a business venture from when Joe was a private citizen, alleging he tried to keep his name off it, but not apparently alleging any particular crime, but just saying China and bombshell a lot in the hopes that people would take the bait. I don't think that shit works outside of the base.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This turned out to be a tremendous favor to Trump. It forced him to pretend to be an adult, and ended up making him look a lot better than the screaming tantrum from last time.
    You're right it did do Trump a huge favor because Joe made himself look fucking stupid. So many times he outright lied that it made my head spin.

The crutch of it was Biden literally saying he's going to get rid of fracking that even the moderator said "Why would you do that?". Joe just royally fucked up by saying that.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You're right it did do Trump a huge favor because Joe made himself look fucking stupid. So many times he outright lied that it made my head spin.

The crutch of it was Biden literally saying he's going to get rid of fracking that even the moderator said "Why would you do that?". Joe just royally fucked up by saying that.
    Right, Biden had an excuse for being off and flustered when a screaming baby kept interrupting him, but if you just let him talk he's much worse.

I don't think people care about fact checks or even substance in general though. Debates are usually much more about style and overall impression. I think both of them lied quite a bit, but but it doesn't matter really.

Trump was a little testy but by Trump standards he seemed to have his shit a lot more together than usual, where Biden was foggy, struggling to remember names and specifics, and low energy. He scored some empathy points but overall I think it was a win for Trump, especially compared to the first debate which was absolutely ruinous for him.

I don't know if it'll be enough of a win to change much though. This was kind of his last chance to really turn the tides. I guess we'll see how the polling shakes out this week.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Right, Biden had an excuse for being off and flustered when a screaming baby kept interrupting him, but if you just let him talk he's much worse.

I don't think people care about fact checks or even substance in general though. Debates are usually much more about style and overall impression. I think both of them lied quite a bit, but but it doesn't matter really.

Trump was a little testy but by Trump standards he seemed to have his shit a lot more together than usual, where Biden was foggy, struggling to remember names and specifics, and low energy. He scored some empathy points but overall I think it was a win for Trump, especially compared to the first debate which was absolutely ruinous for him.

I don't know if it'll be enough of a win to change much though. This was kind of his last chance to really turn the tides. I guess we'll see how the polling shakes out this week.
    The biggest factor to me is the fact is he lied. A lot.

Trump for all intents was a lot better in this debate. Biden we knew took money since well he was low-key corrupt for years. I wanted to listen to Biden but it's hard to ignore the elephant in the room when it comes to the fact he can't even be honest.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    The biggest factor to me is the fact is he lied. A lot.
    You may earnestly believe that is your problem, but it isn't. Trump has lied more than 20,000 times, on average more 30 times every day he gets in front of a mic, and you're fairly cool with that. So consider that it's something else that's bothering you, or a combination of factors.

Trump for all intents was a lot better in this debate. Biden we knew took money since well he was low-key corrupt for years. I wanted to listen to Biden but it's hard to ignore the elephant in the room when it comes to the fact he can't even be honest.
    I think Trump undid some of the damage from the last debate for sure. He tanked in the polls after that, and he'll probably regain a lost point or two now, sure.

Honestly, if you take all this shit seriously, it leaves us with two dishonest, corrupt politicians with foreign entaglements in former communist rivals. What do you do with that?
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 24 Oct 2020 at 07:12 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You may earnestly believe that is your problem, but it isn't. Trump has lied more than 20,000 times, on average more 30 times every day he gets in front of a mic, and you're fairly cool with that. So consider that it's something else that's bothering you, or a combination of factors.
    Well, to be fair, Trump also isn't hiding in his basement in the most unprecedented campaign run in political history. Biden hasn't really been taken to task about ANYTHING other than Trump's jabs the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Honestly, if you take all this shit seriously, it leaves us with two dishonest, corrupt politicians with foreign entaglements in former communist rivals. What do you do with that?
    Hope for better in 2024. But, given recent precedent, it's just going to get worse.

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Well, to be fair, Trump also isn't hiding in his basement in the most unprecedented campaign run in political history. Biden hasn't really been taken to task about ANYTHING other than Trump's jabs the other night.
    Is this a serious criticism? That running a campaign where one's voters or the families of the voters don't get hit with a deadly virus is "hiding in the basement"? Because that can't be a serious criticism.

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Is this a serious criticism? That running a campaign where one's voters or the families of the voters don't get hit with a deadly virus is "hiding in the basement"? Because that can't be a serious criticism.
    Are you saying that Joe Biden has Covid? Because that would be news. Otherwise, it's just "seriously" ignorant. If Trump were doing it, you'd be saying he's hiding from the press in his bunker because he's avoiding the hard questions. I doubt that you'd be giving him credit for the "saving the public" by hunkering down. At all. Besides, it's duplicitous. Here's savior Joe today: https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxne....jpg?ve=1&tl=1