Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Trump did start out his term with a mega-bomb dropping on an Isis compound and the eventual defeat of the radical group. Not much of a war though.

2. Biden’s first 100 days are going to be interesting.

https://pissdaily.com/biden-all-whit...take-estrogen/
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I'm not going to type out a detailed list of his fuck ups. His response to fires in California is appalling. His response to covid is appalling. Actively encouraging his base to violence is appalling. Refusing to disavow conspiracy nuts and white supremacists is appaling. You know the rest of the list. You can also google it. I'm not getting into the weeds on this.

4. Opa Walking

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm not going to type out a detailed list of his fuck ups. His response to fires in California is appalling. His response to covid is appalling. Actively encouraging his base to violence is appalling. Refusing to disavow conspiracy nuts and white supremacists is appaling. You know the rest of the list. You can also google it. I'm not getting into the weeds on this.
    Soooo still not gonna answer where the heck did you run off to?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I get it, and sure we've got some shitty opinions flying around, but we don't have anyone here we need to worry about seeing their story on r/QAnonCasualties. (Though, I'll be honest, I was worried about Doc for a while there.)

Trump won legitimately in 2016. And now he's lost legitimately. In the face of all his efforts to fuck things up. These next few months are going to SUUUUCK. But Georgia proves that all those supposedly red southern states are only that way due to voter suppression. Even if the runoffs keep the Senate useless, we'll still drag the assholes, kicking and screaming, into getting rid of COVID. We'll actually respond to future wildfires. Biden won't stoke the flames of violence. And while we will still need to fact check the shit out of what he says, he won't do any of the little kid shit Trump does.

I'm not saying to let the anger at our fellow Americans go, because we're gonna need it to fight v3 and to kick more Republicans to the curb. But Trump's done. Don't let him live in your head, even if you're charging him rent. You ain't gonna get paid.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I get it, and sure we've got some shitty opinions flying around, but we don't have anyone here we need to worry about seeing their story on r/QAnonCasualties. (Though, I'll be honest, I was worried about Doc for a while there.)

Trump won legitimately in 2016. And now he's lost legitimately. In the face of all his efforts to fuck things up. These next few months are going to SUUUUCK. But Georgia proves that all those supposedly red southern states are only that way due to voter suppression. Even if the runoffs keep the Senate useless, we'll still drag the assholes, kicking and screaming, into getting rid of COVID. We'll actually respond to future wildfires. Biden won't stoke the flames of violence. And while we will still need to fact check the shit out of what he says, he won't do any of the little kid shit Trump does.

I'm not saying to let the anger at our fellow Americans go, because we're gonna need it to fight v3 and to kick more Republicans to the curb. But Trump's done. Don't let him live in your head, even if you're charging him rent. You ain't gonna get paid.
    This is pretty much the exact response some people need to accept. For the record I never liked Trump. To me he was always a fucking asshole but I didn't let that dictate how I acted towards other people here. With that in mind I wasn't blind to the loathing hatred some people like Haohmaru, Andrew, Myself and many others got for even having a slight difference of opinion. Even Dolemite coming back in with that post about how we're all raging about how Trump lost shows just how much of a petulant child he is being.

None of us give a shit about Trump. We never did but we also didn't go frothing at the mouth like some of you knuckleheads that we just went off to mock, attack, belittle, and try to slander some of the senior posters here just because of a difference of opinion that in the end didn't mean shit either way.

So yeah if I end up moderating a fully dead forum then fuck it. I think having things quiet and peaceful is much more preferable to the shit-talking that happened after 2016.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 10 Nov 2020 at 09:51 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    even having a slight difference of opinion
    To be fair, what you're viewing as a slight difference of opinion, depending on the topic, could be something incredibly important to that person. Ex: More often than not, I encounter inaccessible content. Whether that's a video someone made or my local town hall meeting Zoom or some other situation where not being able to hear significantly hinders my ability to understand or enjoy it. When I call attention to this, I frequently am met with some form of apology and an admission along the lines of, "I didn't even think about that."

BUT I do get, "too fucking bad," or, "that's too much effort." And not a small amount of it.

Those people probably view that exchange as a slight difference of opinion. So if I push back after being met with those replies, I get told I'm overreacting. That's whether I'm nice about the pushback or decide to put an edge on it.

TFB is obviously rude. Putting in effort to produce content but not wanting to put in effort to make it accessible to me is worse. That's actively saying you don't care about deaf/HoH people. So I'm well within my rights to put an edge on my replies. (And because of who I am, I'm probably going to mock, attack, or belittle.) That doesn't make me wrong or frothing at the mouth. I'm standing up for something that matters to me.

Of course, I don't know whether any of this applies to the arguments others have had on here.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I'll take the joy of marginalized people, as hesitant/fleeting it may be, and prep for the next version of this populist POS. Palin was v1, Trump was v2. v3 is going to have most of the bugs worked out, thanks to the Lincoln Project. Also, bathing in tears is for MAGA people.
    I really don’t see a v3. Trump losing his re-election bid and Reublicans going back to Bush supporting Biden is proof the Palin-Trump experiment is done. 2024 we’ll see Cruz (who’s 1/4 Trump win) and stay in 2028 and Kamala run and lose to AOC in 2032 to become v3-Democrat Edition Perfect Blue.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Both candidates sucked. We lost no matter who got in office. Biden will probably be diagnosed with dementia before he finishes his term. The guy seems mentally lost at times, just like my oldest brother in law that got diagnosed with it a couple of years ago.