Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 293941424344454757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I think just about every single U.S. intelligence agency, the House and Senate Intelligence Committees (both under Republican rule) reports on the election all showing the Russians tampering with the election to help Trump, coupled with his long distance fellating of Putin for 4 years, gives a much stronger impression of the 2016 election being tampered with than Trump simply saying "it was rigged" this time.

Doesn't sound so peaceful. And of course, bullshit artist that he his, he went home after the speech, rather than actually go with them. They're fucking idiots for believing him.
    I'm not disputing that Russia interfered in our election(s). I believe they have done so for years (along with other governments) - I just don't think Trump was involved. I'll bet China was pulling for Biden and did whatever they could do enhance his chances - doesn't mean he's a "puppet".

Like I said, tomorrow can't come soon enough. So tired of his bullshit, lies and sore loserisms and equally tired of the over the top rhetoric aimed at him every day. I won't miss it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Hillary, in 2019, was still saying the election was rigged and she didn't really lose.
    No, she wasn't. And people on the right love to say this but it's just not the case.

Hillary said that Russians influenced the election and that made more people vote for Trump than would have otherwise. She wasn't claiming that she actually won or that those votes were illegal, just that russians did things like hack/leak the DNC emails, and that hurt her at the polls maybe enough to tile the election the other way.

And yes, Hillary was a big whiny baby who accepted no responsibility for her failures as a candidate, but you're making a really bad false equivalence to excuse some really dangerous behavior on Trump's part. Trump is not just whinging and blaming Chinese propaganda, he's attacking every fucking institution we have from the elections boards to the voting machines to the postal service to the supreme court that he fucking packed and whipping people up into an angry mob.

Trump needs to say the words "I lost the election." Until then, no one should give him a seat a the table.

3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I'm not disputing that Russia interfered in our election(s). I believe they have done so for years (along with other governments) - I just don't think Trump was involved. I'll bet China was pulling for Biden and did whatever they could do enhance his chances - doesn't mean he's a "puppet".
    I haven't seen any evidence of Biden being in anyone's pocket, but I don't doubt he has his "friends," like most presidents do. Trump's unyielding defense of Putin these past 4 years has been just incredible, though. Russia meddles in election on his behalf + him cozying up to Russia = reasonable suspicion.

Like I said, tomorrow can't come soon enough. So tired of his bullshit, lies and sore loserisms and equally tired of the over the top rhetoric aimed at him every day. I won't miss it.
    Don't get comfy. He's going to spend the next 2 years making life hell for Republicans, and will likely campaign against the ones he considers "traitors" in 2022.

4. I'm just sitting here eating some breakfast tacos.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Do we have a Pardon Pool going?

6. Holy shit, less than 24 hours left of this orange cocksucker as the HNIC, and then its a non-stop stream of lawsuits and criminal investigations for the rest of his miserable life. It's a dream come true.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    No, she wasn't. And people on the right love to say this but it's just not the case.
    What are you talking about? Of course she did:

“I believe that, look, there were many funny things that happened in my election that will not happen again. And I’m hoping that both the public and press understand the way Trump plays the game,” Clinton says. "It doesn’t kill me because he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” she says. “I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did.”

You don't call someone "illegitimate" if you believe you lost a fair election.

She compared Trump to Hitler ""You look at, with (Benito) Mussolini, you look at (Adolf) Hitler, they used intimidation, but they also, you know, use political deal-making to obtain power in the first place, then had no intention of ever giving it up,” Clinton said."

In 2017 she said she still might contest the election

And what's this "people on the right" horseshit? Everyone needs a label, I guess. Doesn't make you any less wrong.

"Between 27,000 and 200,000 Wisconsinites were "turned away" from the polls..."

Trump or Clinton? Clinton, in 2019. Politifact labeled the claim as "false".

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    And yes, Hillary was a big whiny baby who accepted no responsibility for her failures as a candidate, but you're making a really bad false equivalence to excuse some really dangerous behavior on Trump's part. Trump is not just whinging and blaming Chinese propaganda, he's attacking every fucking institution we have from the elections boards to the voting machines to the postal service to the supreme court that he fucking packed and whipping people up into an angry mob.
    There's nothing falsely equivalent about arriving at point B, starting at Point A, and reflecting on the road that got you where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Trump needs to say the words "I lost the election." Until then, no one should give him a seat a the table.
    Have I said otherwise?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence of Biden being in anyone's pocket, but I don't doubt he has his "friends," like most presidents do. Trump's unyielding defense of Putin these past 4 years has been just incredible, though. Russia meddles in election on his behalf + him cozying up to Russia = reasonable suspicion.
    Did Mueller find evidence of collusion? Hunter Biden isn't a cause for "reasonable suspicion"?

Our greatest geopolitical threat and Uncle Joe says: “China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man,” the former vice president said.
    “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us,” he added."

Come on, man indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Don't get comfy. He's going to spend the next 2 years making life hell for Republicans, and will likely campaign against the ones he considers "traitors" in 2022.
    He just might. He's the sorest loser of all time. I hope he goes back to reality shows and leaves politics behind but that's a huge ask.

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Did Mueller find evidence of collusion?
    “[a] statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.” In fact, Mueller also wrote that the “investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

I don't know if it amounts to the legal definition of collusion, but the sharing of polling data about Midwestern states where Trump later won upset victories, conversations with the Russian ambassador to influence Russia’s response to sanctions imposed by the U.S. government in response to election interference, and communications with Wikileaks after it had received emails stolen by Russia don't sound like clean politics. Our entire intelligence apparatus and both the House and Senate-led committees agreed.

Hunter Biden isn't a cause for "reasonable suspicion"?
    If there's anything to it beyond the laptop Rudy Guiliani has stuffed down his pants, then yes.

Our greatest geopolitical threat and Uncle Joe says: “China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man,” the former vice president said.
    “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us,” he added."
    Saying China isn't competition is a LOT better than coddling them and saying we should use Xi as an example and "give being president for life a try." Biden should take China seriously, especially now after 4 years of letting them do what they want. However, I do think Biden can be convinced to be tougher, and I'm sure he won't start a bromance with Xi.

He just might. He's the sorest loser of all time. I hope he goes back to reality shows and leaves politics behind but that's a huge ask.
    I don't think he will. He's too self-absorbed, too much a narcissist. It's always about him, and he won't be able to stand being out of the spotlight. Hopefully, a barrage of lawsuits and crushing debt will keep him otherwise occupied.

10. Trump is gone. Joe Biden is president. The nightmare is finally over. Thank fuck.