Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 122224252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Would you guys let a guy like this fuck your mom or sister? "Well, you're just seeing the worst stuff the news shows you" oh please.
    This isn't Saudi Arabia. It's not up to me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If they were the point of a conversation and I said "well what about this other pedophile or this other cult leader" you'd have a case.

Me not being logged into the website whenever you guys were talking about Epstein, doesnt make complicit.
    Honestly I was just giving you shit because you sorta vanished at the same time most everyone else did. I really never liked Trump but I didn't think it was a requirement to be as vocal about it as some of you guys were. I figured you knowing that I thought he was a pompous assclown would be enough. This whole, You're not saying bad stuff about Trump so that means you support him just literally made me shake my head. I thought you knew me better then that IP.

Edit: LOL @ your post Kedawa.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, but people out in BFE would be the poorer part of the state. It wouldn't take much effort for them to just walk up to an election voting station and cast their ballot. It would take them just as much effort to do a mail-in ballot, as it would to just visit their local voting place. Why weren't they predominantly voting for Democrat in PA?
    So they could do it on their own schedule rather than one particular Tuesday when they might have work?

But also, dem voters are way more likely to be taking social distancing seriously, so that's probably the biggest driver.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    This isn't Saudi Arabia. It's not up to me.
    I must spread rep etc. Good reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    This whole, You're not saying bad stuff about Trump so that means you support him just literally made me shake my head.
    Yeah. I see a lot of "silence is complicity," which isn't necessarily wrong, but I have a friend who literally only posts about guitarists online. Meanwhile, he's my main contact for local organization stuff – we were at the protests for Brianna/George/etc. over the summer together, he helped me get my pistol permit & training, he donates to all kinds of progressive causes, and he's already got phone banks set up for the Georgia runoffs. I know that's obviously anecdata, but I just think it's better to point the anger at the vocal supporters. The Q cult people, the truck convoys running people off the road, the paintball attackers, etc.

Like if Nick popped in here to say he voted for Trump again he'd deserve any shit thrown his way. Or if Doc hadn't come around. And so on. Do I agree w/everything I've seen you post, BK? Prob not. But that isn't enough for me to ready my 26.

Let me be clear, though, that I 100% understand where Cheeks is coming from. Shit is tough and frustrating and annoying and it's important to let that steam off. Biden's win doesn't change the underlying problems behind all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    So they could do it on their own schedule rather than one particular Tuesday when they might have work?

But also, dem voters are way more likely to be taking social distancing seriously, so that's probably the biggest driver.
    I actually missed Gamevet's reply but I also don't really understand it? (I had to google "BFE" and am surprised I've never heard that expression before.) But anyway, was the question why people in remote locations didn't vote overwhelmingly Biden? I'm not sure of the answer for real but my guess would be more that those places don't have large populations and are more likely to be conservative/support Trump?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Yeah. I see a lot of "silence is complicity," which isn't necessarily wrong,
    To me it is wrong. Judging a person by what they say or don't say?

Attacking them? Belittling them? Persecuting them? Shaming them? Making them out to be some sort of racist?

Threatening their jobs & family & beating down on that until they comply with what they are being told that they are too terrified to even have a rational thought? That's where we are right now with a lot of people on how they behave.

Calling me a Trump supporter because I never gave that much of a shit to talk bad about him?

Where does it end?

What sort of blood do I have to draw before it's enough?

The answer is obviously never enough.

This kind of toxic crap is something that can never be soothed with words or feelings. Trying to force me to say things I really don't care to say is all of a sudden a "silence is complicity" thing? That kinda thinking to me is just morally wrong.

Also..

Like if Nick popped in here to say he voted for Trump again he'd deserve any shit thrown his way.
    Nobody deserves any shit thrown at them for whoever they voted for. That kind of thinking is why this country is a mess. Biden is preaching he wants Unity but yeah no, Too many people are pissed about it. Myself I don't care if he won, Maybe he'll do a better job then Trump did. Maybe not.

The United States is one of the best countries in the world. We have an amazing democratic system in place but attacking someone because they didn't vote for the person you voted for is just shallow. People need to be better human beings then this.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 11 Nov 2020 at 12:04 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

It paints a certain picture when the top ranking republican does something horrible and instead of disavowing him you want to talk about some random shit some democrat did 5 or 6 years prior.

"me not talking about him and choosing to talk about something in the past instead, doesn't mean I approve of him" seems dishonest. Like you see politics as a sport and you are more interested in how many points each side has. so you gotta get some republican points.

You have a motive. No one believes that is the same concedence over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    attacking someone because they didn't vote for the person you voted for is just shallow.
    But attacking someone for voting for someone that is mean, selfish, stupid, and wants to oppress people is not.

8. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I find it a bit odd, when you see the whole state of PA in red, except for a couple of large city areas and Trump being 100s of thousands of votes ahead at midnight and then waking up to see him losing by less than 30K votes. I've never seen this sort of thing happen in an election, and it's not just PA. Am I supposed to believe that a majority of mail-in ballots are democrats, especially during a time of people staying home because of Covid-19?
    The whole state thing is misleading. Most the population lives in the few counties in/near Philadelphia (and Pittsburgh).

People vote, not land mass.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

You'd be surprised just how different everything is once you get outside of the city areas. I was in Haslet Texas (just outside of Fort Worth) and I was one of the few people that had a mask on my face. Get even further out and people look at you like you're an idiot for wearing a mask.

Those people (in those small towns) are so disconnected from the rest of the world around them, because they are pretty much just one big messed up family that looks what's happening in the cities as not being there problem. Voting, or any other gathering, is looked upon by them as a big event, because nothing else is going on where they live.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    The whole state thing is misleading. Most the population lives in the few counties in/near Philadelphia (and Pittsburgh).

People vote, not land mass.
    What I'm saying is that the claims of the mail-in ballots being primarily poor Democratic voters, isn't following suit. If that was the case, those poor counties (with very small populations) should have had more votes for the Democrats, but that wasn't the case. So, assuming that poor people (that mailed in their ballots) surely must have been Democrat, is a false assumption, based on those areas voting primarily for the Republican candidate.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Nov 2020 at 11:55 PM.