Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You're silence is a defense. Attacking the other side when trump is being attacked for his dumb shit, is a defense. Its disingenuous.
    That’s absurd. By that rationale, you’re defending Jeffrey Epstine and Charles Manson.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I find it a bit odd, when you see the whole state of PA in red, except for a couple of large city areas and Trump being 100s of thousands of votes ahead at midnight and then waking up to see him losing by less than 30K votes. I've never seen this sort of thing happen in an election, and it's not just PA. Am I supposed to believe that a majority of mail-in ballots are democrats, especially during a time of people staying home because of Covid-19?
    Yeah. Those county maps are not the best way to represent the data at allllll. But the election officials have confirmed the data, as did exit polling. Trump voters showed up mostly in person in the majority of states, Biden voters were overwhelmingly by mail. Hence the drastic flip we saw.

As I understand it, the places that took a while to flip like that had local laws that didn't let them prep those mail in ballots until election day. At least one senator (I think he's a Republican, Hawley?) has already drafted a bill to change that federally, which seems like the right course of action even without a pandemic. We Americans have zero patience and there's honestly no reason all this counting can't be done in a more reasonable way under less pressure.

Something else that just occurred to me, too – and I'm sure has occurred to others – is that if, somehow, all these ballots are illegitimate, what does that mean re: down-ballot races where Republicans won? I'll have to check out what the numbers are for people who only fill out the part for President vs. people who vote one way for the top of the ticket and another down the line.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I find it a bit odd, when you see the whole state of PA in red, except for a couple of large city areas and Trump being 100s of thousands of votes ahead at midnight and then waking up to see him losing by less than 30K votes. I've never seen this sort of thing happen in an election, and it's not just PA. Am I supposed to believe that a majority of mail-in ballots are democrats, especially during a time of people staying home because of Covid-19?
    That’s pretty much it, dude. Trump railed on mail-in voting fraud so hard, none of his voters voted that way.

The timing, however, is suspicious as fuck.

What IornPlant doesn’t get is his view of Trump is formed by the Trump’s Worst Hits that his favorite news source feeds him. Trump is as asshole. There’s even asshole stuff the media hasn’t covered (like shitting on the A/V guys at a rally). But, there’s good stuff he says too and what IP sees is the Homer Venus Gummy Bear Cut.

I bring this up, because the news (and the parties) are all coordinating this election mess for maximum viewer reaction. Wether you are pro-trump or anti-trump, the parties and the media want you to be as passionate as IronPlant, so you consume the ads, and vote, and donate to your favorite party.

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 10 Nov 2020 at 10:48 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    But there’s good stuff too
    Coughbullshitcough. That broken clock is so broken it's never right even once.

I take that back.

We had record voter turnout because of him.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Trump actively campaigned against mail in voting for months and drove a huge partisan split. Pre election polls showed 75% of Dems intended to vote by mail, where it was basically reverse for Republicans who opposed mail in votes because of Trump.

So yes, expected outcome, not odd in the slightest.

There are states, like Arizona and Hawaii that have always had a lot of mail in voting and these states didn't have that blue shift effect.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Coughbullshitcough. That broken clock is so broken it's never right even once.
    - The Platinum Plan, not realized, but Ice Cube (a vocal Republican critic) met with them over it, among others ...that’s tossed out now and Biden has no plan and no intent of creating one
    - Giving government workers of any gender several weeks of paid parental leave
    - Cracking down of human trafficking
    - most importantly the largest military withdraw in 50 years and the resulting absence of foreign terrorist attacks

Saying there was no good in Trump is the absolutism that dominates politics and needs to go.

If you create a personality scale of modern POTUS with Carter being the nicest and Nixon being the worst, I get that Trump is a far off outlier of an asshole. But the version 80-90% of the public imagines is still an exaggeration of that good or bad.

I take that back.

We had record voter turnout because of him.

That’s not a good thing. It means the media and parties got the larger consumer base they want. Now they’ll drive this wedge as long and hard as they can until we Balkanize.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 10 Nov 2020 at 11:09 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Yeah. Those county maps are not the best way to represent the data at allllll. But the election officials have confirmed the data, as did exit polling. Trump voters showed up mostly in person in the majority of states, Biden voters were overwhelmingly by mail. Hence the drastic flip we saw.

As I understand it, the places that took a while to flip like that had local laws that didn't let them prep those mail in ballots until election day. At least one senator (I think he's a Republican, Hawley?) has already drafted a bill to change that federally, which seems like the right course of action even without a pandemic. We Americans have zero patience and there's honestly no reason all this counting can't be done in a more reasonable way under less pressure.

Something else that just occurred to me, too – and I'm sure has occurred to others – is that if, somehow, all these ballots are illegitimate, what does that mean re: down-ballot races where Republicans won? I'll have to check out what the numbers are for people who only fill out the part for President vs. people who vote one way for the top of the ticket and another down the line.
    Yeah, but people out in BFE would be the poorer part of the state. It wouldn't take much effort for them to just walk up to an election voting station and cast their ballot. It would take them just as much effort to do a mail-in ballot, as it would to just visit their local voting place. Why weren't they predominantly voting for Democrat in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That’s absurd. By that rationale, you’re defending Jeffrey Epstine and Charles Manson.
    If they were the point of a conversation and I said "well what about this other pedophile or this other cult leader" you'd have a case.

Me not being logged into the website whenever you guys were talking about Epstein, doesnt make complicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That’s pretty much it, dude. Trump railed on mail-in voting fraud so hard, none of his voters voted that way.

The timing, however, is suspicious as fuck.

What IornPlant doesn’t get is his view of Trump is formed by the Trump’s Worst Hits that his favorite news source feeds him. Trump is as asshole. There’s even asshole stuff the media hasn’t covered (like shitting on the A/V guys at a rally). But, there’s good stuff he says too and what IP sees is the Homer Venus Gummy Bear Cut.

I bring this up, because the news (and the parties) are all coordinating this election mess for maximum viewer reaction. Wether you are pro-trump or anti-trump, the parties and the media want you to be as passionate as IronPlant, so you consume the ads, and vote, and donate to your favorite party.

I dont watch the news. I just see sound bites of what trickles to the top of the internet. And I google stuff. The big stations have little impact on me.

And all I need is the top hits. I dont need to know how well a guy mops the floor or makes mac cheese to know I dont want mR grab the pussy to have the missile codes.

Would you guys let a guy like this fuck your mom or sister? "Well, you're just seeing the worst stuff the news shows you" oh please.

10. Did you see how much Stormy got? It’s pretty lucrative. I wouldn’t have to worry about their retirement.