Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series

1. I didn't see anything in the specs about ISV certification, but I'll have to look into it.

2. Yeah, is kind of strange that they replaced the Ti with a 90. There might be some Titan version of the 3090 with 48GB of VRAM and a $2,500 price tag.

3. Maybe they are retiring the Titan branding?

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I didn't see anything in the specs about ISV certification, but I'll have to look into it.
    Jayz2cents has done the homework for you.

Skip to the later half of the video.

5. I didn't think the 2080 was big enough of a jump over my 1080 Founder's Edition to justify $750. I'll be getting the 3080 once I can find it. I looked at EVGA and presently they're out of stock.

Serious Sam 4 is one of the more demanding games to show up recently. The Ultra CPU settings are just fine for me, but it's more GPU bound (I'm using Medium GPU speed and High GPU memory presets). Maxing it at 1440p with a 1080 just isn't going to happen... and BTW I dialed the rendering resolution down to 1080p.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    I didn't think the 2080 was big enough of a jump over my 1080 Founder's Edition to justify $750. I'll be getting the 3080 once I can find it. I looked at EVGA and presently they're out of stock.

Serious Sam 4 is one of the more demanding games to show up recently. The Ultra CPU settings are just fine for me, but it's more GPU bound (I'm using Medium GPU speed and High GPU memory presets). Maxing it at 1440p with a 1080 just isn't going to happen... and BTW I dialed the rendering resolution down to 1080p.
    The GTX 1080 is closer to an RTX 2070. I was running an EVGA 1080 Classified, overclocked to high hell. It had a hard time reaching 144 fps in Forza Horizon 4 @ 1440p. I only paid $600 for an EVGA 2080 Super, Black Edition. It had no problem hitting that 144, even without an overclock. I also wanted Ray Tracing.

Bitwit visited his local MicroCenter to check out the lines for the RTX 3090 launch. They only received 26 cards. And when he was about to leave, it was announced that the store had received 5 RTX 3080s.

Last edited by gamevet; 26 Sep 2020 at 07:48 PM.

7. I'm enjoying the excitement around this line of cards. Nerds rejoice!

You can consider me a poor, still only rockin a 980M. I'm feeling that FOMO.

8. I'm strictly a laptop/NUC man these days, but I still like nerding out over the technology.
    If I ever get around to building a CAD workstation, though, I might just go all out and get a beastly GPU.

9. Nvidia just dropped a 2 foot dick of a GPU announcement, for their creator GPU users, with the A6000 GPU. This thing is insane.

10. Is this one going to repeatedly crash too?