Thread: Tim Roger's 3 Hour Doom!

1. PC Tim Roger's 3 Hour Doom!

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I am not watching that.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I am not watching that.
    You're missing out! It's one of his best.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. I love his old actionbutton reviews and longform writing, and I dug a lot of his kotaku videos. Perhaps it's the selections so far, or maybe it's the confessional format on video, but I'm having a hard time finishing any of these 3 hour monsters. Which is weird because I expected to eat them up. It's not that I dislike them...there's a ton of good stuff packed in to 'em. I think it's just the overall pacing can be kind of fatiguing. (But he even says they should be treated as multiple parts; I guess that's on me.) I'll get around to them someday...
    Last edited by Toupee; 01 Oct 2020 at 12:03 AM.

5. A 3 hour review of Doom? Couldn't you play through the entire game in that amount of time?

6. You could probably play the first 3 episodes of the original, but it would take you ten lifetimes to play all the WADs out there.

7. SPOILER! The first hour is Tim’s life story.
    SPOILER! Another hour is politics of video game violence

He does talk about all the WADs. I played a lot of Sim City, until I discovered Doom WADS then that took up hour and hours of 16-17 yo Doc time.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt