Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You ever wonder why you clowns are the last ones on the island?
    Well you and Buttcheeks are still posting so it's not too lonely. You guys have roots here even tho so many of you are loathe to admit it. I know a lot of us don't get along because of stupid reasons like politics but as time passes on, I don't think any of us will hold a torch forever.

@Gamevet. This is 100% spot on.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I mean Hell, even cka replies to me. *kisses*
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Long time no chat, let's make some hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I'd like to thank whoever is left, especially Nick, for carrying the torch for so many years.
    I appreciate Nick paying the bill, but he's been absent longer than most here.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The revival attempt failed
    I recall that it went something like someone said "I miss us, we should talk more" and then we didn't talk more. I'd chat, but the only thing that we can really engage over is the State of the Site.

I've also got the memory of a goldfish, so maybe there was more.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Yeah we lost a lot of people mainly due to stupid bullshit.
    Yeah I don't watch any of the YouTubes posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The only forums that seem to be active these days(and are not cesspools) are ones that are focused on projects and collaborations.
    I agree with this. No one generates content or doing anything. Even "discussion" consists of pasting naked hyperlinks with no commentary. I get it, when I've tried to drum up discussion on a topic I don't get much of a response and it kills the motivation to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Sega-16 stays fairly busy, but it has it times of low post counts.
    My account never got approved to join the forum there. Either they thought I was a bot, or the mods doesn't really do anything there any more.

I don't really have a lot to talk about here any more. I've kind of been over talking politics for a bit, and I don't play a lot of games. This just isn't the place where I need to get my conversation now.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    What are you interested in?
    Video games.

Used to be a new game came out and 20 people gushed over it, talked story, ect. Now it takes something like TloU2 or Death Stranding, which are controversial, to spark discussion.

5. Death Stranding was great. I don't want to talk about lesser works.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Video games.

Used to be a new game came out and 20 people gushed over it, talked story, ect. Now it takes something like TloU2 or Death Stranding, which are controversial, to spark discussion.
    I think it’s attention spans shrinking. Like Among Us is popular, great premise, but it’s a 5-min phone game you play out after like an hour or two tops. I would love a version that took an hour per round and 20+ hours to discover everything. But those are rare these days.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Yeah we lost a lot of people mainly due to stupid bullshit. I post on other forums obviously but this is really also considered old tech since most people use social media like Facebook, Twitter and w/e else is hip these days. Forums are a dying place in general.
    Facebook and Twitter are dumpster fires now. Reddit on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    What are you interested in?
    Destiny 2 and Apex: Legends, Writing, Cooking, and Long Walks on a Beach off a short pier.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The core audience of this site was based around gamers. The problem is that a lot of the most vocal members on this board, haven't been gamers in quite some time. Those that still enjoy the hobby eventually got pushed out, because they didn't feel like the majority of discussions on this board were about that hobby anymore.
    I STILL PLAY, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Video games.

XBOX SERIES X! Wanna talk controversy? Apex Legends BattlePass!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think it’s attention spans shrinking. Like Among Us is popular, great premise, but it’s a 5-min phone game you play out after like an hour or two tops. I would love a version that took an hour per round and 20+ hours to discover everything. But those are rare these days.
    I don't understand kids these days.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. We have a launch of 2 next gen consoles this week and not a peep. It was generating some conversation about 6 months ago.

9. I should update my avatar and sig.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    We have a launch of 2 next gen consoles this week and not a peep. It was generating some conversation about 6 months ago.
    They aren't exactly the most compelling console launches by the looks of things. I was a little hyped up months ago when more details started coming out about the hardware, but there's not much to talk about in terms of software yet.