Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yes. But no more so than the rest of us, I suppose. But at least you're admitting it. I certainly didn't help.

But, as Buttcheeks said...
    How about we just bury the hatchet on this and just stick to discussing games instead of politics.

Yes. At this point if you're an unrepentant Trump supporter who buys into everything he says, you're retarded white trash and beneath reasoning with/talking to. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Fuck you forever for enabling his destruction of our democracy. You're beyond brain dead-level stupid, plain and simple.

But if you at least agree that there's grey area, then there's hope.
    That's the thing for me tho. I have said here multiple times I've never liked Trump. At all. I think he's a fucking blowhard. If I had a choice I would have chosen Pence over him even if he looks kinda like the Red Skull. Also about Icarus I liked him and I also like you. Just the only person who I think needed an attitude adjustment was bbobb because he's gone way overboard for so little petty shit that in the end doesn't mean anything when we're all dead and six feet under.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    We lost at least 2 people due to the return of that white trash piece of shit MVS. He posted one of the most racist things TNL has ever seen and that alone caused Icarusfall to bail.

Granted, Icarus was a total kook, but I'd rather have him around than Gamefan's shittest writer ever...
    People would likewise peace out during the Bush and Obama politics threads too. If you can’t handle talking politics (which can get unfortunately in to racial/racist territory through policy implications) then don’t browse political threads?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Matt Van Stone Killed Diehard GameFan.
    I blame him for rezo's disappearance, too.

4. rezo did my first logo. Where the Hell if FuryFox residing these days? If I do end up making it with the film thing, I need to send him more money for the logo I've been using for 15 years.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Hey, did Matt Van Stone write the College Football 96 review? Is that discussed in the mega thread?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. I haven’t been posting much because TNL rando doesn’t work on my iPhone so I gave up.

I blame that Rock Jumaji movie for stealing our google search traffic.

Really, we should just move this shit to a free discord server...
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    We lost at least 2 people due to the return of that white trash piece of shit MVS. He posted one of the most racist things TNL has ever seen and that alone caused Icarusfall to bail.

Granted, Icarus was a total kook, but I'd rather have him around than Gamefan's shittest writer ever...
    The shift towards emotional left leaning george w bush with us or against is mentality is toxic. Who enjoys that? Discussion is gone, replaced with daily outrage and overly sensitive, my way or else child tantrums.

White trash piece of shit? Fuck yourself with a dry cactus. Daily.

After Eric died and the response here was overly toxic due to his political beliefs, I am sure I will get the same treatment when I die in whatever january I die in.

8. January Jones hopefully.

9. I feel like politics and religion might as well not be discussed on this forum.

NO ONE believes that their political position or religion is incorrect. NO ONE wants to listen to opposing opinions or believe people unlike them are anything but evil. It works both ways, it's ridiculous.

10. Ehh. I like discussing politics and religion. I try to admit when I don't know something. I've changed my mind significantly in both politics and religion over the years.

That's why I consider Malcolm X a role model. He aggressively defended his beliefs but his beliefs clearly continued to develop. He was a far braver and tougher person than anyone here that I know of. And I say that not to be insulting, but in the hope of encouraging everyone to find a way to defend your thoughts while being honest about them.

Being honest about the gaps in your knowledge has its downsides, though, and I'm not claiming to be consistent at it. Almost the only time I got involved in a political discussion on social media, I quickly hit a wall because someone went off at an angle and brought up specific examples with which I was unfamiliar. I said I'd look it up but I was honest that it wouldn't be right away, so I just dropped it.

On a side note: I did look up the main example given and it seems to me the other person was either making up a fact, willfully misrepresenting a fact, or just wrong. That's why I don't do this much.