Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. Damn. It’s bad if it made it all the way to tnl. I’m alive and the rabbits didn’t eat me.

Sorry, guys!
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 21 Dec 2020 at 05:09 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I can't believe what you put your poor mother through, you bastard.

3. Note that he didn't deny the accusation of having eaten his rabbits.

4. Look at all of those spammers that have a Birthday today.

5. I lead the band of spammers.

6. We have a sleeper agent on board.

7. Happy Birthday?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. I think the only potential way to get some consistency/recurring conversation going on here again would be to consolidate all of the forums and sub forums into a single board. Have it so people only have to view the one forum to see all of the current conversation happening on the site, not see a bunch of disparate sections for niche subjects that are mostly dead; put everything into a single forum and let the conversation of value rise to the top regardless of topic. Nothing would get lost or fall through the cracks by not having its own dedicated space, because the volume of discourse means anything remotely relevant will be readily apparent on the first page. Have one politics thread, keep all political discussion there and only there.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm utterly ruthless on who I let in my feed on social media so it's actually kind of nice there. Facebook is because I've got family and maybe a single friend who post on it, Twitter is for gaming stuff. I was actually in a group that thought I was a bot because I only followed 30+ people. I've seen developers I quite like who I'd never follow because they tweet 50+ times per day, and while I don't disagree with anything that's way too much to read. Social media only works if you turn the volume on it way down.

As for TNL, if it's here I'll still poke in. If not, well, I'll miss its best days.
    I agree with pretty much everything here. I actually follow less than 20 people on Twitter. Any more and it's just useless.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

9. I've had the 'new posts' page as my TNL bookmark for as long as I can remember. Even at its height, there was only ever a page or two of results each day. It's far better than browsing the different sub-forums.

What a sad ass forum this has become. Hey Nick, pull the plug.