Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Not sure why you’re expecting anyone to lift a finger to save this place when they literally can’t even be bothered to... just post? The only topics that get traction are politics and threads about TNL. Good luck though.
    Maybe if you talked more about what you've been playing lately. Been curious as to what's been keeping your interest these days.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Its been interesting. I remember chatting it up with ya'll on IRC way back when. good memories.

3. Didn’t you have that YouTube channel with a few other guys JB? I liked it. It’s a shame it didn’t get more views.

4. I lurk but the gaming discussion is dead or would turn into insults about why anyone would play such and such game...
    Ill try a few game threads and see what happens....
    Last edited by EvilMog; 14 Nov 2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. I just don't write much of anything anywhere online. I write a lot for work, so I feel less like posting on Web sites than I used to. Also, besides a Divinity: Original Sin 2 marathon earlier this year, I barely play video games. I was playing about one game per year besides a sprinkling of fighting games here and there.

I would like to get the archive of the main page restored, but there is evidently some issue with THE DATABASE. The forum will be here for the foreseeable future. I met a lot of good people here, including those in this thread. I just am not a social media or forum poster.

I'm here, though.
    Last edited by Nick; 16 Nov 2020 at 08:30 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Not sure why you’re expecting anyone to lift a finger to save this place when they literally can’t even be bothered to... just post? The only topics that get traction are politics and threads about TNL. Good luck though.
    You cut me deep, Shrek. You cut me real deep just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I just don't write much of anything anywhere online. I write a lot for work, so I feel less like posting on Web sites than I used to. Also, besides a Divinity: Original Sin 2 marathon earlier this year, I barely play video games. I was playing about one game per year besides a sprinkling of fighting games here and there.
    I've been pretty much playing Untitled Goose Game and Polytopia (the latter on both Steam & my phone), maybe some oldies like Solitaire & Bejeweled. Every now and then I fire up my old Windows partition and play some Heroes 3, Worms, and Morrowind/Oblivion.

And I know it isn't video games but I've been running Dungeons & Dragons over the past few years. It was ..... interesting ..... figuring out how to do it without being able to hear, but considering the pandemic it was a useful skillset to gain. I actually just signed up on what looks to be a "gig DM" site, which I'll probably make use of later. I have a web app to build first.

I would like to get the archive of the main page restored, but there is evidently some issue with THE DATABASE.
    Snapshots from Archive.org do not look complete, and they're also like 3 years old. Does the main page run out of vBulletin? If so, I'd be willing to bet it's a PHP version error. Though I'd defer to whatever cka has identified.

7. The front page is on some custom cka setup, I believe. I'd really like it back for the memories. I assume it will be back, but it's beyond my skill set to fix it.

8. Ha. I just wanted to be a moderator at GameGO.

9. A lot of online discussion has moved to Facebook groups, for better or worse (mostly worse). I belong to a couple of groups connected to Maximum Fun podcasts that also like to discuss videogames and most of the discussion there is...pretty bad. A lot of it tends to center on the game of the moment, which these days is Hades. A lot of it is reheated Twitter discussion - someone will repost some awful hot take, and then there will be dozens of reactionary posts about it. But occasionally people will post insightful stuff.

Mostly I just follow and post on Twitter! Me, johnpv, Finch, Geen, Melf, animegirl, Mzo, yellerdog, arobotbitme, Rocca, SSJN, and about a dozen or so TNL people post there pretty regularly.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. On Twitter? Man, I hate Twitter. Interesting.