Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I have only played Demon's Soul, the feedback is definitely more subtle. I would like to try a shooter at some point to see how different guns feel.

I also played Ghost of Tsushima for BC, and it is silky smooth. Of course my first time gaming in 4k/HDR, and even though GoT is not 4k and last gen, the art direction is absolutely breathtaking. The rock solid 60fps also makes it worthwhile. I will try God of War and other titles next. So far I am impressed with the BC capability of PS5, making last gen games smooth is definitely an added bonus (not unlike XBX).

Also, Demon's soul is the best launch title ever. I know, it is "just" a remake but what Bluepoint did is really something. They added so much more detail, it feels fresh and also made the game more accessible with more health drops. Enemies are still punishing but you have more of a chance now.
    I've heard that the included Astrobot, brings all of the features of the haptic controller to life.

2. I heard that too, I am too busy with Demon's soul to bother with a tech demo.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I heard that too, I am too busy with Demon's soul to bother with a tech demo.
    I thought the same thing at first, and now it's my favorite PS5 launch title. I would've gladly paid $60 for a physical version. Definitely give it a shot.

4. I will give it a shot later, sounds promising for sure.

5. Got to dive into the X last night. Sure is nice to be able to just sign in and all my stuff is just there ready to go. A bunch of games get the X upgrade and soon as you click on to play them. Too bad the update is you redownloading the whole X version of the game and not just texture packs.

Biggest next gen upgrade I’ve seen is probably the loading times and 120fps modes. Gears5 and CoD are kinda awesome at 120. Although if later games make me choose between graphics and effects at 60, or lower settings and 120, I’m going 60.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. Xbox Series X

Microsoft blunders again. Raising Live Gold to $120 is just plain dumb. Everyone thought it was going to be free and they’d make money on all the Ultimate subs instead. Nope, let’s get stupid and double the price. What the hell for? Makes no damn sense. Whatever good will and momentum they had going is now gone. Way to let Sony hand you your ass again for being morons.

7. Does Live Gold include Ultimate G/P? If not then it is definitely dumb.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Does Live Gold include Ultimate G/P? If not then it is definitely dumb.
    It’s does not. $120 a year to play online and get shitty games with gold. At that price you may as well get Ultimate, which is definitely worth it. That’s what so dumb about it. Why not give free multiplayer to get people onto Xbox then just let everyone see how awesome Gamepass is, especially once the first party games start coming out regularly.

9. Lol, apparently Microsoft just released a statement reversing their decision and Gold is back to normal price and free to play games now are actually free to play and don’t require Gold.

Backlash must’ve been really bad.

10. LOL, that was a PR diaster.