Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario 3D Allstars (Switch)

1. Nintendo GameCube Super Mario 3D Allstars (Switch)

Has anyone else besides me picked this up?

I just found out that an update that was added to the game that lets you play it with inverted controls thank fucking god. Also it seems Nintendo added a Ninja-update that allows for full Gamecube controller support for Super Mario Sunshine which to me was a glaring mistake since Fludd with the Analog controller was sort of a fucking thing.

My only real sadness was that Mario Galaxy 2 was never added to this collection which for all intents should have been in the game.

Kinda curious what games you guys are playing the most on this collection.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I bought it D1 and only played with it briefly. It is an excellent port of the 3 games, not much to complain. I feel like they are saving Galaxy 2 for another game.

I am trying to play Sunshine as that is the one game I haven't played much of.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I bought it D1 and only played with it briefly. It is an excellent port of the 3 games, not much to complain. I feel like they are saving Galaxy 2 for another game.

I am trying to play Sunshine as that is the one game I haven't played much of.
    If you can, get that shit running with a Gamecube controller. I like the Switch Pro Controller but the Cube controller plays perfect with Sunshine.

4. Got it day one not only because I wanted to play these now but also because the odd 1 year availability only thing made me not want wait and risk it going up in cost or being rare.

I just like being able to play sunshine on an HD TV without it looking totally horrible, and it's been a great excuse to play through all three again to some capacity. The nice thing about all three of these is you can randomly pick them up and keep going from where ever you left off without issue. I've randomly got a few stars or shines every other day since I got the game, and it's great.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    If you can, get that shit running with a Gamecube controller. I like the Switch Pro Controller but the Cube controller plays perfect with Sunshine.
    Oh, I didn't even think of that. This should work nicely.

6. I still need to finish the original releases of the Galaxy games, and I've been playing the Windows port of Mario 64, if that counts.

7. I picked this up day one as well. I always hated Super Mario Sunshine, and it's the only mainline Mario game I've never finished. I was hoping trying it again on this collection would change my mind...nope...my first impressions were correct...I still loathe this game.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Oh, I didn't even think of that. This should work nicely.
    Wow that is badass. Totally ordering this! Thanks for the heads up bro!

9. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    I picked this up day one as well. I always hated Super Mario Sunshine, and it's the only mainline Mario game I've never finished. I was hoping trying it again on this collection would change my mind...nope...my first impressions were correct...I still loathe this game.
    That’s exactly how I feel about Sunshine. It is also my only Mario game I never finished. The game is a turd.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"