Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. No, he's playing it on PS4, because he thought that his PC couldn't handle it.

Patch 1.05 has been released. It's 17GB!

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 Dec 2020 at 07:30 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    No, he's playing it on PS4, because he thought that his PC couldn't handle it.

Patch 1.05 has been released. It's 17GB!

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05
    Yeah, I know what he meant, but I think he'd be better off switching over.

It's 1.7GB. Haven't noticed much difference but haven't had serious problems in the first place.

I'm like 35 hours into this game now, don't think I'm anywhere near the end yet.

3. You're past the meeting with Alt then.

I'm close to 24 hours of play. This game just keeps getting better, much like how the Witcher 3 did.

4. Games incredible......
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. The CDPR developers are upset with their managers having them work overtime.

6. Cyberpunk 2077

I’m also playing on the SX and it’s been fine.
    I’m having faaaar more issues with Cold War, where’s the backlash with that game? It crashes a lot, deletes my campaign saves and it’s a copy paste game from every other year. The game should run smooth as butter. Where’s the backlash. Cyberpunk is a stupidly ambitious game that has a bunch of little janky glitches that seem to have mostly been ironed out already in a week. Gamers are a bunch of bandwagon jumping cry babies.

Well maybe I should be too harsh to judge since the base x and PS4 version are what the complaints are about, but still, give them a bit to clean them up. There is a pandemic and everyone was bitching about them to just release it. Careful what you ask for.

Also, boohoo overtime
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 20 Dec 2020 at 02:34 PM.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. I'm about 40 hours in. Made a solid amount of progress in the main story quest (post-Alt Cunningham), and I still have a shit ton of side quests to do.

(FYI, I'm playing PS4 Pro.)

Most glitch videos I've seen tend to focus on the driving sequences, and that's definitely where the engine puts the most strain on the game. The driving is a little better since the patches, but the camera switching often gets quite awkward. For some reason, the camera gets hung up frequently just behind the car in third person, and it becomes impossible to manipulate the camera when it gets stuck. The best way to avoid this is to drive in first person, but this makes chase sequences much more difficult. Hopefully this will get ironed out in a few months.

Most of the side quests are absolutely brilliant in this game. Absolutely top tier writing, on par with some of the best in the genre. Make sure you do the "Sinnerman" quest the first chance you get. The "I Fought The Law" quest is great, too. It's hard to pick out a favorite.

Judy Alvarez is bae.

I started out with a tech/hack/stealthy build but now I'm moving more strongly into INT-focused hacking and I'm barely using my guns at all now. It does kinda suck that you have to invest a lot of points in Cool and related perks for silenced weapons to really pay off, though.

One word of caution - be careful about crafting huge amounts of items, as some outlets are reporting that this can corrupt your save file (having a file of 8 MB or greater).
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I’m also playing on the SX and it’s been fine.
    I’m having faaaar more issues with Cold War, where’s the backlash with that game? It crashes a lot, deletes my campaign saves and it’s a copy paste game from every other year. The game should run smooth as butter. Where’s the backlash. Cyberpunk is a stupidly ambitious game that has a bunch of little janky glitches that seem to have mostly been ironed out already in a week. Gamers are a bunch of bandwagon jumping cry babies.

Well maybe I should be too harsh to judge since the base x and PS4 version are what the complaints are about, but still, give them a bit to clean them up. There is a pandemic and everyone was bitching about them to just release it. Careful what you ask for.

Also, boohoo overtime
    I think there's definitely a pile-on effect that would lead most to believe the game is much worse than it is. I have talked people playing on base console who said they were fine, maybe had a couple crashes over 20 hours. But then some people seem to have more issues than others as well, and of course people see highlight reels of the worst of the worst.

There's only so much they can do now. By the time the next-gen patch comes out the disc versions of this game are gonna be $10 in bargain bins, and since it comes with the free next-gen upgrade...

9. What a shame. It’s an amazing game and pretty stunning once in awhile.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    ...since it comes with the free next-gen upgrade...
    It does? Good to know.